The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

FUNimation uploads their blu rays to their site. I can see why on a site where the hottest property is MHA you wouldn’t want that.,,
Maybe they should create a R18 brand and sep part of FUNi Now for this type of stuff.

Maybe they should create a R18 brand and sep part of FUNi Now for this type of stuff.
Would be a pretty big step back

Azur Lane could have been released by Funimation uncut with a MA rating what would have been stocked by almost everyone

Where as releasing it under a R18 brand, even if its still MA rated wont get as much attraction as some shops simply wont stock hentai company sets

It would be like releasing Media Blasters titles on the Kitty label

Regardless of what the content is, why would you want to pay the premium for a broadcast version of an anime on Blu-ray? That's like buying the edited for television version on Blu-ray.

Good to hear that's actually uncensored, not that I will actually trust Funimation on that claim until it's checked, because they've lied about that before with Tsugumomo.

Regardless of what the content is, why would you want to pay the premium for a broadcast version of an anime on Blu-ray? That's like buying the edited for television version on Blu-ray.

Good to hear that's actually uncensored, not that I will actually trust Funimation on that claim until it's checked, because they've lied about that before with Tsugumomo.

Funimation have had some issues recently. Going all the way back to the Gamergate comment in the dub of Prison School and the behaviour of some of their VAs during the whole Vic Minogna drama

Akira 4K screening booking site has gone live:
The cinema in Southampton that has IMAX isn't listed which is rather pointless as that was one of the big selling points of this release. Already seen it on a cinema screen! Hopefully it will be added soon.

EDIT: On Twitter they say they're still talking with ODEON (the said cinema).

Last edited:
Announcing it the day after our new lockdown rules is not a wise move imo. Also it is showing in Newport as I’m under local lockdown I ain’t going nowhere near a cinema.
Yeah, shows as playing in the horrible Vue in Dublin(location wise) and not Cineworld. Doesn't make a lick of difference though, the cinemas are closed until the 9th of October as Dublin is on lockdown.

Announcing it the day after our new lockdown rules is not a wise move imo. Also it is showing in Newport as I’m under local lockdown I ain’t going nowhere near a cinema.
And that is a decision you, and others, are able to make. I, however, will be making the decision to see it in the cinema. Which cinema is still to be determined.

tbh announcing any cinema release at the minute is pretty tone deaf, tenet only got a release over here probably because nolan cried about it

Back