The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

thedoctor2016

Harem King
Sony owned manga are releasing DxD the bigger crisis is female Anime shows where’s free, where’s Given etc etc
Sony entertainment US are different Sony Television US who are buying the anime companies

CommanderZx2

Kiznaiver
Sony owned manga are releasing DxD the bigger crisis is female Anime shows where’s free, where’s Given etc etc
Sony entertainment US are different Sony Television US who are buying the anime companies
They did cancel Interspecies Reviewers and release two censored versions of Tsugumomo on Blu-ray despite claiming each time it wouldn't be.

ActionFaust

Death Scythe
They did cancel Interspecies Reviewers and release two censored versions of Tsugumomo on Blu-ray despite claiming each time it wouldn't be.
Except they weren't informed how extreme Interspecies Reviewers would be. Even TV stations in Japan pulled it from broadcast after a few episodes so it's not an issue exclusive to Funimation.

Also while it is bad that they didn't communicate the Tsugumomo issue the problem with that is likely due to the masters sent by the Japanese licensor. Considering how they've released other ecchi shows uncensored I doubt they would censor it themselves.

Afherlan

Kiznaiver
Sony apparently set to buy Crunchyroll from AT&T giving them an effective monopoly on anime streaming.

Leaving the "censor" debate aside (though it's an important one, I don't know enough about it), I'm not a fan on these "One to rule them all" stuff that's been happening with international corporations in general. Tends to hamper the variety in the supply in the long run.