The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

Manga Entertainment's latest newsletter has announced that Mob Psycho 100 Season 2 will be out on 15th June, and Demon Lord, Retry! will be out on 8th June.

I found out through @Scavenger on the Blu-ray forum. This is regarding the rights to the Sailor Moon anime series.

Scavenger's post (from the Blu-ray forum):
According to a trustworthy French source, all branches of Viz Media (USA/EU) are going to lose the rights to Sailor Moon because of the translation scandal.

Scavenger also linked this tweet from the French source in question:

What's the nature of this scandal, then? I haven't heard about it.
Jetblack was referring to this:
Viz Media promises to reprint the Sailor Moon Sailor Stars Limited Edition Blu-Ray booklet after referring to Sailor Uranus and Neptune as being in a “friendship” | Sailor Moon News

Sailor Moon Sailor Stars Part 1 was released on DVD and Blu-Ray June 18th but some fans were not pleased with what they got! A relationship chart found in the booklet which is included in the Limited Edition Blu-Ray set refers to Sailor Uranus and Neptune as having a “Friendship”. This was noted by some fans including Erica Friedman of Okazu who wrote an article about it and brought the issue up with Viz directly.
They're not just "friends", they're partners.

The above is likely not the sole reason. There's for example also the straightwashing in the cancelled Portuguese broadcast of Crystal.

I still have issues with the “partners” translation why can Usagi and Mamoru be lovers but Uranus and Neptune not. But the reprint was/is better than the original

Even I’ve heard of the Uranus and Neptune thing and I’m not really into sailor moon. First they were cousins in the original run, now they’re friends, will they be colleagues next?

dude they’re meant to be girlfriends. Prayer beads down. It’s allowed in a magigirl show (or any show some would argue, except for romance shows that heavily focus on a hetero relationship, gays kind of disappear in those)

"As the world continues to practice social distancing to fight the spread of COVID-19, we must come together and stay inside.

Starting RIGHT NOW, all subscription hentai is free for the next two weeks on FAKKU.

STAY HOME. FAKKU IS FREE. Stay inside and read over 150,000 pages of uncensored English hentai. No account required."

Why am I imagining that as part of Boris Johnson's address to the nation now? 😆

"As the world continues to practice social distancing to fight the spread of COVID-19, we must come together and stay inside.

Starting RIGHT NOW, all subscription hentai is free for the next two weeks on FAKKU.

STAY HOME. FAKKU IS FREE. Stay inside and read over 150,000 pages of uncensored English hentai. No account required."

Why am I imagining that as part of Boris Johnson's address to the nation now? 😆
You could fetch the address to the nation he made and edit it in...

Back