The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

Not anime related but Japanese culture related. Armando Iannucci, the man behind Alan Partridge, The Death of Stalin and the new David Copperfield film, has announced that his next film will be about sumo.

Whilst watching the Miyazaki doc, I thought I'd click on the #anime to see what else they made and found a series of anime shorts about Para-sports, including a Yowamushi Pedal special and an episode made by the creator of Captain Tsubasa:

r/anime awards results:
Of the stuff I voted for most of the ones in the Genre category won, but not so much for the rest.

ERiiRBKWsAAzIKS

Meiji Gekken is the only 'Crunchyroll Original' show that I'm interested in. I'm a sucker for samurai and yakuza. Looking forward to hearing more about it.

Wouldn't say nay to a well made Tsubasa either though. Trainwreck as the manga went the OVAs are still are very nice to look at. Or more FukuJun Watanuki would always be great. (Might also give a reason to actually continue xxxholic Rei.)

Well, anything, as long as it's not another misbegotten Blood-C Gore-pandering.

As far as Clamp is concerned, while they are my favourite manga-ka and would be happy to see just about anything from them, I would love them to complete X.

That's the one title I don't think will ever find completion. Not with Fukushima having happened being worse than the erathquake that caused the hiatus.
But I guess by combinatorics the end constellation feels somewhat obvious. As the other options have been dealt with in the anime already.
(And it also felt like Tsubasa also gave an inkling of what they probably had in mind.)

Back