The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

Not sure if this has been mentioned anywhere else, but the London Live channels seem it is going to be showing anime. As of 17th July the channel is showing Digimon Fusion at 6am on weekdays, followed at 6.30am by Glitter Force.

Just heard Jo Brand and Barry Cryer performing a "Sound Charade" of Ghost in the Shell on I'm Sorry I Haven't a Clue. I think that's the first time something anime related appeared on the show.

Lupin the Third Part 5 Announced. "More details in the next few days" Takes place in France.
dmIkAZt.jpg

Part IV was mostly successful, so I'm glad they're keeping it up. Would be nice if they could tighten up the writing a little bit this time round though.

In other news, Gainax is allegedly embarking on a three part Matsumotoverse film cycle.

19748712_10154554772516296_6290200251905735489_n.jpg

DMP appear to be preparing to start their next crowdfunding project, which seems to be the first of a series of republishing old yaoi titles. The first one will be of the novel A Promise of Romance and the manga Secrecy of the Shivering Night and Endless Comfort.

I'm still sad that Kon passed away, he was truly one of a kind and his works have always left me impressed one way or another.

Good news for those who import and use PlayAsia...I just got this email.

No more headaches or extra costs, Plus UK taxes now ALL PRE-PAID!!

Dear valued customers,

At Play-Asia.com we are always looking for ways to improve and update our system to make it more efficient, cheaper and as easy as possible to use. As taxes and handling charges vary per country we want to take away all the confusion and make this consistent and more cost effective for you.

Please see the following changes to our shipping rates that all our customers can now enjoy:-

- Full clearance: Import Tax, customs duty - ALL NOW PRE-PAID
- No local charges upon delivery from Postal or Courier Services.
- No handling fee/costs.
- Door to door delivery - All costs included.
- Purchasing goods will now be cheaper.
- Much more convenient to use.
- One click to purchase and the price you see will be cheaper and final!

We hope the changes will make your experience and purchasing a much more rewarding one.

Thank you for your continued support,

The Play-Asia.com Customer Care Team.

Gah, they announce that hours after I place an order for an imported PS4 Pro, of all things, elsewhere. Oh well :D

Good to see that these shipping arrangements which circumvent Royal Mail and Parcelforce and their fee rackets are becoming more accessible. Especially Parcel Force. Screw Parcel Force and waiting an extra week each time for them to send me a ransom note in the post.

R

Back