The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

Not sure if this has already been reported on, but Syfy (Channel 114 on Sky) has Wolf Children airing Wednesday 14th at 11:00p.m, The Girl who Leapt Through Time on Saturday 17th at 11:00p.m. and Ninja Scroll Friday 23rd at 11:10p.m.

Will try to keep an eye out for any other airings in the coming weeks, as I know during January they also aired titles such as Akira, Redline and Summer Wars, which I unfortunately missed. Despite already owning these titles, I'd still happily show support by tuning in.

As we don't have too many details of what is what with it just yet, i thought i'd put this here.
Pluto - Urasawa Naokis adaptation of Astroboys "The greatest robot on earth" arc is getting an anime adaptation. Alongside that there was also an announcement for a new Patlabor series as well. We don't know much about them, however these where both announced at the Annecy Animation Festival.
Annecy 2017 : le manga Pluto enfin adapté en animé

Sorry for french link, as soon as another source pops up i'll fire it here

New update on Pluto anime adaptation:
  • Studio: MAPPA
  • Episode count: 8 (one per volume)
  • Airing date: 2020
  • Expect a trailer in a few months time (either August or September)

Season 3 of Attack on Titan In Space to come out next year :D

Fixed that for you... sort of.

This is my cheeky way of referencing that a recent tweet by Andrew Partridge seems to indicate that a third season of Knights of Sidonia has been green lit.

Here's hoping that could be a spur for somebody to put the rest of the show out on DVD / Blu Ray over here. LOVE that show.

Back