The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

For those that haven't seen it, Legend of the Galactic Heroes is a great space opera. Long, but totally worth it. Also has a Death Star in it.

vlcsnap-4451940.jpg

I'm hoping that this means we won't have the issue we had this season with Anime Strike.

Nice but still waiting for date for the physical release.

Reminds me I have to buy the 4th novel.

Same. One of the most addictive I've read and we only get three a bloody year :p

For those that haven't seen it, Legend of the Galactic Heroes is a great space opera. Long, but totally worth it. Also has a Death Star in it.

vlcsnap-4451940.jpg

Can't blooming wait, realllly hope we have access.

EDIT: I was about to check but I think all us intrigued fans caused the site to melt.

I'm hoping that this means we won't have the issue we had this season with Anime Strike.

Same. One of the most addictive I've read and we only get three a bloody year :p
Forgot that I had already ordered it (the heat is making me stupid) and it's been dispatched by bookdepository. Good thing they licensed the other volumes as they only did the first 3 to see how they sold first before licensing the rest.

I hope sentai release it all in one huge Collectors Edition as I would sell a kidney for it.

I have signed up for a free account it looks like it is available to the UK but it's behind a premium wall at the minute. I plan to subscribe later to have a proper look, after what everyone to put here it looks like it's definitely worth watching.

The Rising of the Shield Hero also receives an anime adaption: Light Novel 'Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari' Receives Anime Adaptation

I've seen this everywhere on Amazon, quite a few of the books out I believe? Any good?

Hopfully this will get to the good part of the Manga people have been telling me about

Same, I've heard Erina receives some great development, hopefully we hit that and the rest that people talk about.
I have heard that some of what this will adapt split the manga fans in two, very interested in what could cause that ..

That looks pretty much exactly how I'd expect a US version of Death Note to look, to be honest. It's certainly not something I'd watch, but then I doubt very much I'm in the target market anyway.

I do feel like they've missed the boat by around ten years at this point though.

I feel the trailer has missed the entire point of Death Note, and has gotten the wrong personality for Light, and seems to be focusing on the wrong plot elements of the story.

I feel it will be an awful version of the story.

Some news on anime-related people attending Hyper Japan in July: Kihara Hirokatsu (production team for Studio Ghibli), Suwa Michihiko (Case Closed, Black Jack, City Hunter, Inuyasha, Magical Knight Rayearth), Maekawa Atsushi (Dragon Ball, Sailor Moon, Digimon, Prince of Tennis), and voice actor Takashi Kondo (Prince of Tennis, Bleach, Gurren Lagann, Fairy Tail, The World's Greatest First Love, 91 Days).

Back