The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

Discussion in 'Anime News & Rumours' started by ilmaestro, Oct 4, 2011.

1. Blaize

Blaize Adventurer

If the Netflix Death Note was an actual short series rather than a movie it might have had a chance, but as a movie it really doesn't have much hope of being a good version.

2. Cold Cobra

Cold Cobra I'm entirely trustworthy... AUKN Staff

Yeah, I'd be shocked if the Netflix Death Note is worth watching...

3. Gemsy-chan

Gemsy-chan Combat Butler

4. Zin5ki

Zin5ki Railgun

A civilian character drama? In my UC? Could it be that Sunrise has remembered that 0080 exists and can be used as an inspiration?

5. Cold Cobra

Cold Cobra I'm entirely trustworthy... AUKN Staff

Interesting! Always nice to see more UC Gundam... though I still wish they'd give Crossbone Gundam an adaptation, but I'll try and keep a lid on that can of worms. :)

6. Gemsy-chan

Gemsy-chan Combat Butler

Gundam Twilight Axis PV

7. Ian Wolf

Ian Wolf Diclonius AUKN Staff

On Monday Digital Manga Publishing are trying to crowdfund Osamu Tezuka's "Wonder 3" again, having failed last time to do so. They are also offering seven other titles in the campaign: The Thief Inoue Akikazu; Yakeppachi's Maria; Dust 8; The Euphrates Tree; Say Hello To Bookila; Metamorphose; and Ambassador Magma.

Ambassador Magma would be the main one of interest to me, especially as it one of the first forerunners of the mecha genre. However, I especially like the Twitter feed for Tezuka in English's description of Yakeppachi's Maria: "Yakeppachi's Maria is about a horny teenager's ectoplasm walking around in a rubber sex doll suit and attending high school... #nuffsaid".

8. thedoctor2016

thedoctor2016 Dragon Knight

Peachy likes this.
  9. Peachy

Peachy Bumpkin AUKN Staff

10. Lambadelta

Lambadelta Thousand Master

Guess I'll place it here.

PV for The Ancient Magus Bride TV Series

Sarah, crashmatt and Peachy like this.
  11. crashmatt

crashmatt Thousand Master

Very excited for the Ancient magus Bride it looks beautiful.

Sarah likes this.
  12. sniper_samurai

sniper_samurai Straw Hat Pirate

J-Novel have announced a new series they are translating at Anime Japan, Bluesteel Blasphemer. The first 3 parts of volume 1 are available now.

J-Novel Club on Twitter

13. Shiroi Hane

Shiroi Hane Dragon Knight

Radio Days

14. Lambadelta

I come with PV for the new No Game No Life film.

(it contains footage this time)

ShipTeaser and crashmatt like this.
  15. ShipTeaser

ShipTeaser Dandy Guy, in Space

My hype for NGNL Zero cannot be contained within my mortal frame. Its one of the best single LN volumes i've ever read so this is going to be epic as *%\§

And heres hoping for an Overlord style season 2 announcement at the end right?

16. Lambadelta

Maybe we could convince some people into bringing it to UK cinemas :3

17. ShipTeaser

ShipTeaser Dandy Guy, in Space

That would be a great idea. Id watch it for sure heh. It probably doesnt have tha fanbase of SAO though... (but it should)

18. demonix

demonix Adventurer

19. NormanicGrav

NormanicGrav The Eagle-Eyed Member Moderator

This is sad to hear. H.O.T.D. was one of the first anime and manga titles I picked up and really enjoyed. I wonder if it's possible to continue the franchise in anime form and give it an ending, like how Familiar of Zero was done. There's 3 volumes & 1 chapter left of material to adapt.

Jaysgba and crashmatt like this.
  20. demonix

demonix Adventurer

It is possible for the series to continue in manga form if Shouji Sato decides to continue it himself, but that does depend on if he wants to continue it.