The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

The Osamu Tezuka Culture Prize has been announced. The winners are:

* Grand Prize - Hana ni Somu (a manga about archery)
* Originality - Descending Stories: Showa Genroku Rakugo Shinju
* Short Story Prize - Yomawari Neko (manga about a cat who every night visits those in distress)
* Special Prize - Kochikame

The Osamu Tezuka Culture Prize has been announced. The winners are:

* Grand Prize - Hana ni Somu (a manga about archery)
* Originality - Descending Stories: Showa Genroku Rakugo Shinju
* Short Story Prize - Yomawari Neko (manga about a cat who every night visits those in distress)
* Special Prize - Kochikame

Great to see Descending Stories: Showa Genroku Rakugo Shinju receiving another (well deserved) award. And just to remind anyone interested that you can read Volume 1 (from Kodansha) digitally - and the paper version is due out c. May 25th!

Great to see Descending Stories: Showa Genroku Rakugo Shinju receiving another (well deserved) award. And just to remind anyone interested that you can read Volume 1 (from Kodansha) digitally - and the paper version is due out c. May 25th!

I've reviewed the digital version in MyM a while back and I would recommend it.

The Psyche Delico yaoi Kickstarter has finished. Not only was it successfully funded but it also reached both stretch goals.

Looking forward to getting it in October, as long as it doesn't get delayed...not had any problems with any of the June Yaoi Kickstarters.

In some form or another, we're getting more Non Non Biyori anime.

5aCzuaC.png

Trailer has dropped for Netflix's Castlevania series, due in July.

Looks a bit like they're attempting to make a knockoff of Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust, but I am completely okay with that.

It looks far better than it has any right to be. My hopes have gone from zero to .... I don't know, 27.9...% (whatever that means).

BLAME! anime imagine-nation special airing today on NHK World

Screenings between 2:30PM - 3:00PM and again at 6:30PM - 7:00PM.

Sky - Channel 507
Freesat - Channel 209
or Via the Channels Website and Phone or Tablet Apps on Demand.

Back