The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

Never seen Death Note but Dafoe is awesome.

He does seem to have Ryuk down and will probably be the best thing about the film.

In the scene he seems to be pushing Light to do his first kill, this changes from the manga and anime (which are virtually the same) where Light has already used the note book before Ryuk shows himself.

Wow that American 'adaptation' looks so bad. Hasn't Death Note been done to death now anyway? It's already had an anime adaptation, live action movies & live action series.

Just came across a late-night music programme on Channel 4 called "Sound and Vision" go out on Tuesday nights (or rather Wednesday mornings as it is after midnight). I mention this because the forthcoming episode this week is about Vocaloid and Hatsune Miku.

He does seem to have Ryuk down and will probably be the best thing about the film.

In the scene he seems to be pushing Light to do his first kill, this changes from the manga and anime (which are virtually the same) where Light has already used the note book before Ryuk shows himself.

I'll agree he did a good job here but they really missed the point.

Ryuk was just an observer for the most part, he got involved in a couple of plot points in Light's favour but he never tempted or prompted Light. In the original we were diverted from the fact that Light was the bad guy by all the awesome twists and turns and by the fact what he was doing seemed borderline ok. Now they have it set up that Ryuk pushed him into it, rather than Light embracing it himself.

New image:
wd8I5or.jpg
tjs1fPJ.jpg

エヴァンゲリオン 公式サイト

Back