The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

I'm a MAPPA fangirl (See Nina as my icon!), at this minute they're my favorite studio annnnd I love Ikuhara & his funky mind. The show they come out with could be crazy good, given all reputations. So much (potentially) great stuff coming up, good times :D

I do wonder if he'll stick to what we know (Yuri or heavily implied Yuri, Animals) or go wild & put out something different ..can't you tell I'm excited haha.

No idea where this would go but I thought that it might be of interest:
So Shaft's adaptation of Shunji Iwai's Fireworks film just came out in Japan, and impressions are that it's a total disaster. The animation is really unpolished, totally below the level of what is expected from theatrical features, the voice acting is bad, and thus it completely fails to sell any of its emotional character drama. The credits are really messy (25 assistant ADs and a big portion of the film outsourced to Lay-duce), and there have been rumblings from animators on Twitter about a messy movie project, so it looks like the film was super-rushed - not a surprise coming from Shaft, but still a shame. Director Nobuyuki Takeuchi has a lot of talent, so it's a shame Shaft's mismanagement dropped the ball so hard on what should have been a major mainstream movie.
NeoGAF

You know the synopsis sounds pretty interesting actually:
Neko and Banana were born and raised in a deep, underground village, hidden from the fabled surface. Banana is a free-spirited loose cannon bent on making a name for himself, while Neko is a timid young boy with no real aspirations. One day while excavating the earth, Neko stumbles upon a mysterious object that turns out to be the ignition key to an ancient artifact of war, which the duo dubs Bananann. Using their new weapon, Neko and Banana fend off a surprise attack from the surface with the help of Kitty Litter, a hot-blooded redhead wielding a massive gun who wanders the world above.

In the aftermath of the battle, the sky is now in plain view, prompting Neko and Banana to set off on a journey alongside Kitty to explore the wastelands of the surface. Soon, they join the fight against the "Bananamen," humanoid creatures that terrorize the remnants of humanity in powerful robots called "Gunnana." Although they face some challenges and setbacks, the trio bravely fights these new enemies alongside other survivors to reclaim the surface, while slowly unraveling a galaxy-sized mystery.

Back