The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

I feared this discussion would descend into terrible pun territory. And when I logged in today I dicovered I'd surmised the situation to a tee. Still, with a little luck, hopefully those jokes will soon putter out.

Keijo!!!!!!!! is officially ending via cancellation. The anime adaptation pretty much destroyed the manga.
I'm very sorry to write this but the timeline was not on my side. You see, the editor came to me last week and informed myself to increase the popularity of Keijo!!! This is not something you can do overnight. I was lost for words, as I believed we were doing fine in rankings. Today, I was informed by my editor that my manga is being removed due to the poor reception of the anime. The anime failed to make an impact, for advertising purposes, and the studio is carrying that loss because of it. It is my fault, and I am sorry. The source material should have been better and I've done a great burden. I was actually very surprised by the reception overseas. In various conversations, I was told it was greatly talked about in America. I'm glad some of you enjoyed it, but I'm sorry once again for failing. My sincerely apologies to Takahashi-san and XEBEC.
The anime sales were very poor (around 300 volumes for Volume 1 I think) but the show did very well overseas.

SqjiOchh.jpg

4KiJSwXh.png

VjL8zKzh.png

i6UzhLp.png

Back