The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

J-Novel Club have announced that they will be releasing Grimgar of Fantasy and Ash, as well as I Saved Too Many Girls and Caused the Apocalypse!

Parts 1 - 4 of Grimgar volume 1 are already up as well as part one of Little Apocalypse volume 1 (the shorter name for I Saved Too Many Girls and Caused the Apocalypse!)

Bringing out the big guns I see - two great series there, and both considerably more well received in Japan than any of the things they've released so far.

I wish J-Novel Club all the best in surviving long enough to catch up with Ore ga Heroine wo Tasukesugite Sekai ga Little Apocalypse!?
It's a bit of an underappreciated gem, that one, despite having one of the best titles in light novel history (which, yes, was the original reason why I started buying the series).

Some releases have popped up on AOL:

Funimation : UK Anime Store - Separate Blu-Ray & DVD releases of the following:
- Overlord
- Snow White with the red hair
- Heavy Object

Anime Limited : UK Anime Store
- Space Dandy Season 1 & 2 collection on Blu-Ray

---

Not going to lie, given the artwork available I'm gutted Overlord & Snow White are seemingly standard only but definite purchases none the less.

So wait, is a complete Space Dandy standard edition being released in place of a S2 standard edition? That seems a bit of a dick move to people who bought the S1 standard edition already.

What I'm super happy is about is that they're ditching DVDs for Funimation UK titles. Looking at the AOL prices, £25 for one cour shows, it's about where Manga is at for Standard Editions.

Same here, i'm glad the DVDs are being dropped from FuniUK releases just added an extra cost to it and i'd never watch the DVDs, never been a big fan of Combi packs i could understand when blu-ray was new but nearly everyone who was going to switch over would have done so by now.

Also i found it odd how Animatsu can do Combi packs/Dual format with slips (Trinity Seven etc) for at most £28.99 on Amazon while FuniUK titles without the slips were over £40 on Amazon.

Also i found it odd how Animatsu can do Combi packs/Dual format with slips (Trinity Seven etc) for at most £28.99 on Amazon while FuniUK titles without the slips were over £40 on Amazon.

I think Andrew said something about matching US prices. It clearly didn't work, otherwise this second wave of Funi titles wouldn't be so cheap.

I'm super glad if Funi DVDs and BDs are being separated out - hopefully this brings the price on the BD editions down a bit. From what I gathered from the Amazon pre-orders / best-sellers page, the combo packs were bombing because they were way too pricey. By separating them out, both sides win - a nice edition for BR purists, and a cheapo edition for people who still buy DVDs = hopefully better sales all round / better accessibility.

Back