The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

Apparently Studio Canal have started re-listing Marnie on sites like Amazon with a mid-November release - presumably for the fixed discs. Still no official word from them though.

Apparently Studio Canal have started re-listing Marnie on sites like Amazon with a mid-November release - presumably for the fixed discs. Still no official word from them though.
UP1 is also listing the DVD/BD combi with a November release, so they might have been told to send any stock they had been sent of the original set (the DVD only version is still available).

I just want them to issue a statement. The fact they've left it so long is kind of iffy, I mean - while it's easy for hardcore fans to be aware of issues like this as we check the places that flag problems like this - imagine if you'd bought it in the shop and had no idea why it wasn't working.

A new Chinese live-action City Hunter film titled "American Dream in China" has been green-lit, with an expected release date of December 2018. Huang Xiaoming is set to star, presumably as Ryo. (source: City Hunter Manga Gets New Chinese Live-Action Film )

I didn't make it very far into the Korean tv series (seemed to bear little or no relation to the source material), but both the Hong Kong live-action City Hunter films were pretty good, so hopefully this might be okay.

I've signed up for their basic plan and it seems pretty good. Once you get over the oddity of scrolling down to read the chapters, or parts as they label them, instead of having pages to flick though the iOS app is pretty nice. I have had it crash on me a couple of times but they're aware of the issues and looking to fix them before the next releases. :)

Overall translations seem nicely done even if they advertise them as not being as good as the finished products will be, and the site and app designs are very smooth and clean so it's easy to navigate. Definitely be happily supporting them for awhile if they can keep the content coming.

I wasn't familiar with this when I bought it. I've contacted Amazon about it but they say all they'll do is refund it. Has Studio Canal mentioned a replacement scheme at all?

This is the second set in a row that had the incredibly tight fit with the artbox, too.

Last edited:
There is a replacement scheme I believe - I think someone posted details of it in another thread - email replies from contacting Studio Canal directly etc.

Back