The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

12 Days of Seven Seas Manga Xmas Announcements - Day 5

157113l.jpg

My Girlfriend is a T-Rex (T-Rex na Kanojo)
Original source material: Yes

Seven Seas will release the series in single volumes starting November 1st 2016.

Dannielle said:
Studio Ghibli's "Only Yesterday" Gets Long-Overdue U.S. Theatrical Release - http://blogs.indiewire.com/animationsco ... e-20151203

Including an English Dub! Hopefully this will lead to a Blu-Ray release here...It's irritating having the numbered BR collection & seeing this title (along with Ocean Waves) excluded.

Interesting news, I had wondered why Madman were taking so long is sorting a Region B HD master - they were obviously waiting to see what GKids plans were. I'd say we'll be getting this late next year or in 2017 on BD then, and I'd also wager this increases the chances of Ocean Waves getting a dub in due course too...

I'm hearing some buzz on Twitter about a supposed leak of a brand new Madoka Magica anime project. All I've been able to find so far are a couple of scans; but the sources I've dug up haven't named the publication yet. Will investigate further.

Shiroi Hane said:
I thought I saw that being debunked as an old April Fools?

As part of the Madogatari Exhibit, an exhibit which showcased crossover art between Madoka and Monogatari, there was a 'concept trailer' shown for a new Madoka movie. They haven't announced it's going to be anything yet and appears to just be a trailer and nothing more so far. The only thing that is known about it comes from a couple of vague engrish descriptions of the trailer and this screenshot:

e0XvwSz.jpg

Not sure if what Josh is talking about is separate from this or not.

Edit: I guess he is talking about this:

CVoDakuXIAAVYto.jpg

IncendiaryLemon said:
That's the one. I've found a couple of Japanese blogs and forums claiming that it's from the January 2016 issue of Newtype and announcing some kind of new project; but nothing else other than other websites reporting on it. However, I'm trying to determine whether the source is actually Newtype, if it is something new or just a piece on Madogatari, or if the scan is even legitimate (the amount of fake CoroCoro scans that emerge in the run-up to a new Pokémon game is ridiculous).

Just stumbled upon this Reddit post (great source, I know):

This is from an article that come with the poster, i think. The source is LQ

『まどか☆マギカ』新版権絵でバレエまどかちゃん!
「マミさんは新作でさらに強くなる」
「仁美やなぎさも新作で活躍」
「ここから新しいまどか☆マギカが始まる」

“Magica Madoka” new picture (idk my Jp is crap) of Ballet Madoka!
Mami becomes stronger/more reliable (idk i hope this translation is ok) in this new work!
Hitomi and Nagisa featured more
From now on, a new Madoka Magica will begin

Does anyone know the street date of Newtype? Because I doubt we'll have any official confirmation for them. For reference, CoroCoro Magazine usually comes out on the 15th of every month, but if there's Pokémon news it can leak up to five days before.

Joshawott said:
Just stumbled upon this Reddit post (great source, I know):

This is from an article that come with the poster, i think. The source is LQ

『まどか☆マギカ』新版権絵でバレエまどかちゃん!
「マミさんは新作でさらに強くなる」
「仁美やなぎさも新作で活躍」
「ここから新しいまどか☆マギカが始まる」

“Magica Madoka” new picture (idk my Jp is crap) of Ballet Madoka!
Mami becomes stronger/more reliable (idk i hope this translation is ok) in this new work!
Hitomi and Nagisa featured more
From now on, a new Madoka Magica will begin

Does anyone know the street date of Newtype? Because I doubt we'll have any official confirmation for them. For reference, CoroCoro Magazine usually comes out on the 15th of every month, but if there's Pokémon news it can leak up to five days before.

Should be out Thursday.

12 Days of Seven Seas Manga Xmas Announcements - Day 6

166855.jpg

Magia the Ninth (Daiku no Magia)

Seven Seas will release the series in single volumes starting November 22nd 2016.

144949.jpg

Please tell me! GALKO-chan (Oshiete! Galko-chan)

Seven Seas will release the series (in full-colour) in single volumes starting November 22nd 2016. The anime version is also part of the upcoming January 2016 airing season.

Back