The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

Couple of push backs according to AOL:

Mirai Nikki: Future Diary Part 1 (DVD & BD) now out February 22nd 2016
Mirai Nikki: Future Diary Part 2 (DVD & BD) now out July 11th 2016
Naruto the Movie: The Last (DVD & BD) now out January 11th 2016
Haikyu!! Season 1 Part 1 (DVD & BD) now out February 29th 2016
Beyond the Boundary (DVD & BD) now out January 11th 2016

IncendiaryLemon said:
ほむら「その残酷なまでに優しい輝き、闇の中で出逢うには……まぶしすぎる。」
Homura: And until that cruelty, that gentle radiance, when it was met in the darkness…was too dazzling.
They've made a small error here, in that "残酷なまでに優しい輝き" means "radiance so gentle it's almost cruel" rather than being two separate things.

杏子「あたしが許せねえのはな、そういう訳の分かんねえ理由で他人にヤッパを向けるやつだよ。」
Kyoko: I can’t allow this. That person would definitely would turn to someone else in situations like this with unexplained causes. [not sure on this]
This they just haven't understood at all. It's more like "I can't stand people who attack others for inexplicable reasons". ("ヤッパを向ける" being to draw a sword on someone)

IncendiaryLemon said:
Jesus christ Kaze, what in the hell are you doing with Mirai Nikki?! IIRC this is the third pushback! This was supposed to be out like a month ago!

Kaze are utterly hopeless. I've had Future Diary on pre order for what seems like a lifetime. They give zero shits about the UK market it just annoys me they hoover up some great titles and find the best way to balls up the release.

crashmatt said:
IncendiaryLemon said:
Jesus christ Kaze, what in the hell are you doing with Mirai Nikki?! IIRC this is the third pushback! This was supposed to be out like a month ago!

Kaze are utterly hopeless. I've had Future Diary on pre order for what seems like a lifetime. They give zero shits about the UK market it just annoys me they hoover up some great titles and find the best way to balls up the release.

Hey! It takes real dedication to be that ******, show them the respect they deserve.

The Last: Naruto The Movie being pushed to 2016 is a real bummer because I was hoping to get that for Christmas, although it now lands a week before my birthday.

I couldn't ignore this, apparently there's going to be an app to have Karen from Kinmoza as an alarm.

I can think of at least one person that might be interested in this. I've no idea if this sort of thing is likely to be accessible to people outside of Japan but it's a nice idea.

I have to admit, the part about touching Karen is an interesting way of putting it. There's a particular time she says "No!" in the show that'd be good for that, I'd say (I think it was before making their summer plans in the second season, I'm not sure why I particularly remember that part).

Smeelia said:
I couldn't ignore this, apparently there's going to be an app to have Karen from Kinmoza as an alarm.

I can think of at least one person that might be interested in this. I've no idea if this sort of thing is likely to be accessible to people outside of Japan but it's a nice idea.

I have to admit, the part about touching Karen is an interesting way of putting it. There's a particular time she says "No!" in the show that'd be good for that, I'd say (I think it was before making their summer plans in the second season, I'm not sure why I particularly remember that part).

This is probably IL's reaction right now:

f714a3859a603f807f00d779f210bf54.jpg

Smeelia said:

Why yes, I am in fact incredibly interested! I don't even have to get up early or anything but I still want it.

Here is a link for anyone else who is interested

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... mosa.karen
https://itunes.apple.com/jp/app/id1054918668

Sadly, it appears that the app is incompatible with my tablet at the moment. Hopefully this changes, the other alarms by the same company are

Although at this point I think it's clear it's only me and Smeelia who are :lol:

12 Days of Seven Seas Manga Xmas Announcements - Day 8

164917l.jpg

How to Build a Dungeon: Book of the Demon King (Maou no Hajimekata: The Comic)
Original source material: No (Light Novel is OSM)

Seven Seas will release the series in single volumes starting October 11th 2016.

IncendiaryLemon said:
Smeelia said:

Why yes, I am in fact incredibly interested! I don't even have to get up early or anything but I still want it.

Here is a link for anyone else who is interested

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... mosa.karen
https://itunes.apple.com/jp/app/id1054918668

Sadly, it appears that the app is incompatible with my tablet at the moment. Hopefully this changes, the other alarms by the same company are

Although at this point I think it's clear it's only me and Smeelia who are :lol:

I'm getting the not available in your country message for Karen on the Play Store App. I'm guessing there is some sort of oversight somewhere along the line, considering the availability of the other apps.

Hoping it's something that's possibly fixed sometime soon, as having Karen would be a straight choice for certain for me anyway, especially considering the difficult decision you would have to make selecting from one of the other alarm apps I'd be interested in, it's either Chino, Rize or Syaro. I mean how on earth do you even go about selecting one from those three?!

MrLaserSharkKH said:
I'm getting the not available in your country message for Karen on the Play Store App. I'm guessing there is some sort of oversight somewhere along the line, considering the availability of the other apps.

Hoping it's something that's possibly fixed sometime soon, as having Karen would be a straight choice for certain for me anyway, especially considering the difficult decision you would have to make selecting from one of the other alarm apps I'd be interested in, it's either Chino, Rize or Syaro. I mean how on earth do you even go about selecting one from those three?!
Looks to be working for me, but I don't have an Android device and I've no clue who any of these people are...

Gemsy-chan said:
I've not been interested in any of the Seven Seas announcements.
Neither have I, but that was to be expected since I'm not into the whole "requires a paper bag" thing. I was hoping there would be one or two that were more plot-focused, but as far as I can tell, there hasn't been.

That last Seven Seas announcement certainly looks appealing, though it also sounds incredibly generic so it will probably be a let-down. Magia the Ninth looks quite fun in an insane way.

MrLaserSharkKH said:

For some reason 99% of this kind of content seems to be unavailable on Android in the UK. I'm always accidentally trolling my friend by linking him to apps he'd like yet cannot actually buy since the message doesn't appear if you don't have a device registered ^^;

It's one of the big reasons I can't buy an Android. I'd starve for content.

R

New Makoto Shinkai film announced: "Your Name" - Official site & trailer: http://www.kiminona.com/

It was announced at a conference that Makoto Shinkai will be directing a new movie titled Kimi no Na wa. (Your Name.). The movie will premiere in August 2016. In addition, the cast, staff, and preview has also been revealed. A tagline of the key visual is I am searching for you, whom I have never met yet.

Synopsis
The story is set one month after a comet that has fallen for the first time in a thousand years in Japan. Mitsuba, a high school girl living in the countryside, wants to live in the city because she is tired of life in the country. Then, there's Taki. He's a high school student living in Tokyo with his friends while working as a part-timer at an Italian restaurant. He also has a strong interest for fine arts involving architecture. One day, Mitsuba dreams of herself as a young man. On the other hand, Taki also has a dream where he is a female student attending high school in the countryside. What’s the secret behind their dreams?

Back