The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

Christ, just added everything available from AL to my cart and bought them (SAO 2 part 2, Beck and Ping Pong not yet up for order) and it's £530 :lol:

Cant see SAO 2 part 2 Blu-ray, anyone who's found it, can you share the link?

YEah I paid £85 for TTGL as well. I expect FMP to drop to at least £100, not too sure about £85 though.

http://uk.camelcamelcamel.com/Gurren-La ... B00HSHDGHW

IncendiaryLemon said:
Right, thanks. If it goes down that far, I'll put an order in I think but for now I'm going to leave it.
Well if you're not the forgetful type you could order it right now to take advantage of the Amazon Pre-order Price Guarantee (order now and if the Amazon.co.uk price decreases between the time you place your order and the release date, you'll be charged the lowest price) and cancel it before release if you change your mind or the price didn't drop as low as you expected.

Daaang... the 60 quid for each Gundam boxset just took me right out of the game. I'm sure it'll drop down in price but... yikes.

The Full Metal Panic UE is listed as "Temporarily Out of Stock". Was this the same for you guys or was it as a pre order?

Started to pre order some of those but I'm sure I'll change to Zavvi when they go live. I don't like the Gundam series except for 00 so I can save some money by not buying the rest.

Pretty sure mine said temp out of stock as well.

Re Gundam - I assumed that we were just getting 'regular' editions given the short lead time through to release, but £60 for half the season (which granted is still 20+ episodes) is still very high.

Lavigne said:
Pretty sure mine said temp out of stock as well.

Re Gundam - I assumed that we were just getting 'regular' editions given the short lead time through to release, but £60 for half the season (which granted is still 20+ episodes) is still very high.
AndrewJ56 said:
Daaang... the 60 quid for each Gundam boxset just took me right out of the game. I'm sure it'll drop down in price but... yikes.

With Amazon discounts, these will likely fall to around £40. You just have to look at the price history of previous AL releases to see what they will likely drop to. FYI Space Dandy Season 2 started at £70 and is now £45.

Beck : http://www.amazon.co.uk/Beck-The-Comple ... =anime+ltd

The FMP, Momo & Beck orders are saying "Temporarily Out of Stock" (probably) because Amazon listed them wrong. When looking at A/L's schedule on their last newswire and the dates Amazon have put them out to be released I'm thinking Amazon mixed up the month and day numbers.

FMP & Momo should be due December 7th. (Listed as 12 July)
Beck should be due November 2nd. (Listed as 11 Feb)

Reconguista in G - Complete Box Set Blu-ray? I thought it was being released in two parts? Oh well, not complaining or anything if it turns out that way.

The Gundam sets to seem a tad steep, but as others said, I'm sure they'll drop, and quite quickly too. I need to track down some image comparisons before I decide to upgrade though...

Judging by the run time - ie. around 300 mins, it is just the first cour - it's probably a listing error in terms of 'complete box set'.

Now regarding Full Metal Panic!, while it does contain all three seasons I'm quite curious about the master they're using.

The Funimation version, while very cheap in price, are actually in-house upscales from their old days so it may not turn out that great. The Japanese have released a Blu-ray Disc Box of all three seasons with a different master which is great. I'm mentioning this because at one point in this forum Andrew said he's considering making a different altered master of the Japanese version or something similar. If that's the case then I'm curious. Unless he meant that the Japanese version was 1080i and he's going to make it 1080p or something.

Either way, I hope the Ultimate Edition will look nice and match my other two sets Gurren Lagann and Patema Inverted.

If I recall correctly, both the US and the JP upscales are kind of bad. The US one is supposed to be better for FMP and Fumoffu but trash for TSR.

I'm sure when I ordered Reconguista in G earlier it said part 1!

I'm sure the prices will come down, I was just trying to convince myself that we might get special editions! :D

ColdCobra said:
The Gundam sets to seem a tad steep, but as others said, I'm sure they'll drop, and quite quickly too. I need to track down some image comparisons before I decide to upgrade though...

£60, I would say, SHOULD bag you a full 26 episode series on blu ray.

Not a fan of that price, but it's early days and I also expect it to come down. I'm also not about to complain too loudly about it because it's:

A. More Gundam in the UK
B. Probably still a bit of a gamble for Anime Limited at this point
C. Literally the most recent Universal Century show out of Japan

and

D. There's no info at this stage about what that particular package contains. So we can't really comment with any authority on whether the price seems fair just yet.

I would REALLY expect a lower SRP on single box releases of other Gundam shows, though. To my mind, £60 is a CE price point.

The price point is comparable to the DRRR set for a similar number of episodes (around 20 or so) - and it'll likely come in nice packaging too, and probably be down to around £40 by release date. That seems pretty fair to me.

And as others have said, it's probably a good idea these pre-order/sell well in terms of the likelihood of us getting more Gundam in the future.

Lutga said:
The price point is comparable to the DRRR set for a similar number of episodes (around 20 or so) - and it'll likely come in nice packaging too, and probably be down to around £40 by release date. That seems pretty fair to me.

I'd be inclined to agree with that. To my way of thinking, £30 is the magic figure for a complete series. Not saying I expect that price point from a new show's initial release in the UK, but a ways down the line, in 'complete collection' territory, that's what I'm happy to pay personally. And I've no problem with paying a little over the odds for part of my favourite franchise.

The Amazon listing may need some revision or clarificaton - at this point, we just don't know. Doing the maths on the run time would seem to suggest it's a 13 episode set, but I'd rather not make too many assumptions until we get some official word from Anime Limited on the release.

EDIT: Just realised there seems to be some confusion in this thread over the length of Gundam G-Reco - it's 26 episodes. I think it may have originally been planned to run to more than that, but it seems to have ended up being a more standard length show

EDIT TO THE EDIT: Nope. I'm stoopid. Seems that chatter was about the original 1979 Gundam. I hadn't thought to check the price on that one as I already own it on DVD. Some of what I said about G-Reco still holds true - we don't know what's going to be in the package as yet - but those RRPs are disappointing. Contrary to Lutga's comment in the quote, I don't think £120 - £80 is a fair price to pay for that series, given how ropey the animation looks by today's standards.

Placed my Q4 pre-orders and it's come to £800!!! Eeek. I'm glad they're all only RRP as I know they will drop in price. I like to get them locked in for price drops ASAP.

Picking up every AL title. Then GITS Arise 3&4, Magi Part 2 Blu-Ray, and potentially Black Bullet from Mangimatsu.

Back