The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

IncendiaryLemon said:
Anyone remember Anidesu?

http://www.uk-anime.net/newsitem/AniDes ... ister.html

Well they're gone now. They didn't even manage to licence a single show either. Shame, I would like a broader range is distribution companies in the UK.

I remember them crashing the forums without a single thing to show for it, they were never going to succeed like that so it's a surprise to no one and no loss to the industry.

First teaser trailer for Takashi Miike's live-action Terraformars has been revealed. The story will adapt the Bugs 2 arc.

If Warner Bros is publishing the film then there is a possible chance it might see a UK release.

Last edited by a moderator:
IncendiaryLemon said:
Ooft, £150 for FMP. A little more than I was expecting. May have to hold off on that one...

Sane SRP as Gurren Lagann was though. I hope the Ultimate Edition will be handled much better than Gurren Lagann.

Could do with some of the prices coming down ahead of release - added everything except Beck and Ping Pong (which don't look like they're up yet) to my pre-orders and it came to about £550! :D

NormanicGrav said:
IncendiaryLemon said:
Ooft, £150 for FMP. A little more than I was expecting. May have to hold off on that one...

Sane SRP as Gurren Lagann was though. I hope the Ultimate Edition will be handled much better than Gurren Lagann.

I guess but that's still far more than I'd be prepared to spend on a blind buy. May have to invest in a cheaper DVD set and watch the show first before I determine I want to spend that much.

How the hell are you guys finding all of Anime Limiteds listings? Are you just searching each show?

Anyhoo, while I'm interested in it, I hope FMP UE feels like it's worth the asking price as Gurren Lagann certainly didn't do it for me, one of the most dissapointing I've bought to be honest. So yeah, think I'll wait to see what this is like before deciding if to buy or import the far cheaper US BDs.

Cool, thanks for that. Pre-ordered FMP: UE which is subject to cancellation depending on quality, hopefully closer to Patema Inverted UE than the Gurren Lagann one, and FUSE Collectors. Still not sure about Gundam. Gankutsuou also looks cool so that's a maybe for me.

Back