The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

Blue Exorcist Bluray? Eh, I didn't like it enough to double dip, if it was a tenner then maybe.

kuuderes_shadow said:
MVM have announced that they will be announcing 5 new licenses at MCM expo.

https://twitter.com/MVM_UK/status/336476522829475841
Wow, MVM are busy this year. Manga said in the podcast that they have around sixty (iirc) releases for the rest of this year so I suppose everyone is busy, and my bank account empty :lol:

Has nobody considered yet that maybe Aniplex could only be releasing the dub on Bluray, therefore so are Madman/Manga?
Personally I see it as a very good thing as we need to start taking steps far away from DVD. (Seriously, let it Die)
Rui said:
If you have a computer you can upgrade to a basic BD drive for barely any more than a DVD drive, AF. It's pretty useful and brings the cost of BD adoption down a lot.
My PC BD drive cost £24 I think, but the main problem is actually playing Blurays. I've managed to get them to work with AnyDVD HD and MPC-HC, otherwise you need really ****** bloated software like cyberwhatever to play them. Hopefully BD adoption rates will go up when the nextbox and PS4 come out since both are meant to have BD drives.

quote="Rui"]It's disappointing that the real reason Manga UK is locked into PAL transfers is so flimsy, and that the fear or silly people making returns prevents me from being able to buy UK releases where there's a choice (I don't want PAL conversions).../quote]

I personally think it's a load of bollocks. Correct me if I'm wrong, but Skyfall on DVD was NTSC was it not? You don't hear or see people complaining about not being able to watch that, same applies to MVM's NTSC releases. We shouldn't be left with the shittier DVD format due to such a stupid fear. At the very least Manga, TRY IT, you might see a small amount of purchases from me then, and the same applies to MVM. If Mayo Chiki and Ano Natsu were NTSC, then I would have bought them.

kuuderes_shadow said:

My guesses are Fate Zero, Index, Railgun, Dusk Maiden of Amnesia and maybe Mysterious Girlfriend X or Arakawa Under the Bridge.

No dub on DVD for Blue Exorcist - no purchase from me.

Meanwhile if Fairy Tail is still getting it's complete series release over in the US - then I don't see why we have to.

Lawrence said:
animefreak17 said:
kuuderes_shadow said:

https://twitter.com/MVM_UK/status/336476522829475841

Betting time everyone

What do you think there going to be?
Anime, most likely.
Watch Tony read your post and make them all live-action movies just to smite you. I would not mind the Ace Attorney movie though.

I seriously hope two of their licenses are Index and Railgun. Hopefully I will be at that panel and if it is revealed, I will be so tempted to shout "I LOVE YOU MVM - IN A PLATONIC WAY!"

reborn said:
No dub on DVD for Blue Exorcist - no purchase from me.

Meanwhile if Fairy Tail is still getting it's complete series release over in the US - then I don't see why we have to.
Funi are doing it in two collections too. Their collections also contain Region AB Blurays, and 1/2/4 NTSC DVDs, So I see no reason to buy the UK Version.

Joshawott said:
I seriously hope two of their licenses are Index and Railgun. Hopefully I will be at that panel and if it is revealed, I will be so tempted to shout "I LOVE YOU MVM - IN A PLATONIC WAY!"
Index and Railgun seem like their sort of thing. Between MVM licensing more Funi titles and them having Shana, in my eyes that makes it appear more likely.
I also get the impression they would be release it on Progressive NTSC DVDs like Funi did (at least I'm sure they did), rather than PAL converting it, which would be nice.

Let's be honest, Fate Zero seems to be pretty much a given since they've expressed interest in licensing it before, and they also have FS/N. Madman also announced that they have the license in Australia so there is access to Region B Bluray masters.
Other than Railgun and Index, since MVM and Hanabee are all but in bed with one another I'd imagine the rest of their titles to be Hanabee releases.
Dusk Maiden and/or Mysterious Girlfriend X may be likely since they are upcoming Hanabee releases, and the US blurays are AB (and in Mysterious Girlfriend X's case, 1080i), but I don't know if this would be too short notice at this stage, given their US/AU release dates.
Arakawa and Toradora may also be likely since MVM are picking up a lot of Hanabee's catalogue.

EDIT: Hanabee also has Ano Hana apparently. Maybe we can expect that?

I'd love Ano Hana too! MVM have been doing great in terms of licensing recently. 5 is a great number to take to the expo. There should be at least one title to please everyone.

Mangaranga said:
Funi are doing it in two collections too. Their collections also contain Region AB Blurays, and 1/2/4 NTSC DVDs, So I see no reason to buy the UK Version.
I was thinking that Funimation's Complete series set contained 48-50 episodes though now realising that I was wrong. Fairy Tail Part 2 / Vol. 2 it is then.
animefreak17 said:
And hopefully uncut
Doubt it, they'll have to get it re-rated most likely.

I'd hope for:

Denno Coil
Index
Railgun
Shana 3 + movie. I think they already announced these but not sure if officialy.
Attack On Titan or have Managa already snapped this one up?
Fate Zero

I'd expect:

Ikki Tousen 3 & 4

I doubt we're going to get a license for Attack On Titan yet; the anime only started airing less than 2 months ago.

I'm guessing:
- A Certain Magical Index
- A Certain Scientific Railgun
- Shakugan no Shana III -FINAL-
- Shakugan no Shana The Movie
- Shakugan no Shana S

I also wouldn't mind Love, Chunibyo and Other Delusions at all. A UK release of Toradora with the OVA would also be brilliant. Bunny Drop too.

Unless they put all of they count all of the Shana licenses as one announcement?

Joshawott said:
I doubt we're going to get a license for Attack On Titan yet; the anime only started airing less than 2 months ago.

I'm guessing:
- A Certain Magical Index
- A Certain Scientific Railgun
- Shakugan no Shana III -FINAL-
- Shakugan no Shana The Movie
- Shakugan no Shana S

I also wouldn't mind Love, Chunibyo and Other Delusions at all. A UK release of Toradora with the OVA would also be brilliant. Bunny Drop too.

Unless they put all of they count all of the Shana licenses as one announcement?

Actully yeah I'm going with the shana series,

It's one of many series that has a season 1 and/or 2 uk release, hell for all we know we might get a uk releases of darker than black season 2, so my answer is second/third seasons of a uk releases first season of something

MVM will surprise us with Sword Art Online, Attack On Titan, AKB0048 and Kemono No Souja Erin. And Katanagatari (why not?). They'll also announce both of the live action Kubota Yuuki films I just ordered on Amazon.com.

Then Manga UK will surprise us even more with LotGH and Hyougemono, with the former on remastered BD.

I genuinely don't think a Titan license would be wholly unreasonable, since it's been picked up in the US and quick announcements capitalise best on hype...

R (the intelligent, realistic guesses aren't exciting enough)

In that case I think they've commissioned their own series to be animated by Production I.G. about a magical piece of melonbread named Kensuke who saves Neo-Tokyo-4 from various attacks from large lizard creatures while at the same time trying to keep up to his classwork at Unicorn High and date various girls at least one of who is revealed to be a robot.

All I know is if the previous announcements are anything to go on, if they announce 5 series/movies I'll probably end up buying at least 2. Does more Shana even count as an announcement at this stage? If it's all just Shana I'll be very disappointed. I'd be happy to get Railgun and Index.

I do hope they finish the shana series, although i'm not to bothered on them licensing the movie.
I don't think fate/zero is obvious, but it is many people's best guess at the moment, considering their recent aniplex licenses, the interest they have shown, the fact that they have the other fate series and the recent Australian license of it.
I wouldn't mind if they licensed bunny drop, but i got impatient and bought the NISA release so it wouldn't be one i'd get, same with arakawa and tora dora.
I'd love it however if they could get either kimi ni todoke or pandora hearts.
Index and railgun also seem to be a possibility.
For some reason if they ever did get licensed here, i'd think that manga would get attack on titan or sword art online.
Really hoping for dusk maiden of amnesia, that is one of my favourite series of last year, would love for a license of say i love you and my little monster as well.
Monster would be an awesome license, but considering it's length, might that be branching out a little too far for mvm.
I'd like as well one of them too be chihayafuru, and i realised they Don't have to be new licenses, they could be licensing older series that they previously had, like lain, haibane renmei or fullmetal alchemist.

Back