The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

Shiroi Hane said:
Mangaranga said:
Let's be honest, Fate Zero seems to be pretty much a given since they've expressed interest in licensing it before, and they also have FS/N.
Manga seemed to be hinting about it on the podcast before the latest one, SAO too.

If any uk company licenses sword art online, i think it would be manga, but i still think that mvm will get fate/zero.

SAO would be a massive waste of an announcement. Biggest pile of crap I've seen in a long time. Sadly it's popular enough that it's likely to be released...

st_owly said:
SAO would be a massive waste of an announcement. Biggest pile of crap I've seen in a long time. Sadly it's popular enough that it's likely to be released...
SAO I would say is pretty much guaranteed to be announced. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't exactly good either. It looked nice and had the usual godly Aniplex OST.
I'm only really interested in SAO if Aniplex go with a Madoka type release for it, with the OST CDs and extra shizzle. I've not got high hopes for the dub though.

Mangaranga said:
st_owly said:
SAO I would say is pretty much guaranteed to be announced. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't exactly good either. It looked nice and had the usual godly Aniplex OST.
I'm only really interested in SAO if Aniplex go with a Madoka type release for it, with the OST CDs and extra shizzle. I've not got high hopes for the dub though.

You didn't see this?

http://www.fandompost.com/oldforums/sho ... post182698

I'm sold on their release (I watched the whole thing on CR and thought it was fine despite all of the negative reviews).

R

Rui said:
You didn't see this?

I'm sold on their release (I watched the whole thing on CR and thought it was fine despite all of the negative reviews).

R
I actually love you for linking me to this!
Will be buying, no question.
Kinda sad there is no mention of an artbox though, as I really like the one which came with the Japanese release. I hope they do something like this for Fate/Zero too.

Rui said:
Mangaranga said:
st_owly said:

You didn't see this?

R
Over 200$ for Aincard on BR? (To say nothing of Fairy Dance, otherwise known as the moment where A1 pussed out like a bunch of sissy babymen)

What **** ing planet do they think they're on?!

Take 'm away, Bender;
OJF4J.gif

High school of the dead ova for sale on up1.co.uk

http://www.up1.co.uk/Details/H1047

this makes me believe that manga entertainment have fate zero, but i found this on amazon, if it's true then i'm definitely picking it up.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Fate-Stay-Night ... ertainment

They've also placed up other products that currently don't show a price, although i believe that will change soon, http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=sr_st?key ... eleasedate.
I couldn't get clannad when it was first released so i'll definitely be getting the complete collecions.

Clannad - complete first season (5th august)
Clannad After story - Complete collection (9th september)

manga_addicted95 said:
this makes me believe that manga entertainment have fate zero, but i found this on amazon, if it's true then i'm definitely picking it up.
I remember on a podcast last year(?) Jerome said they had been approached regarding UBW, so this isn't exactly a surprise. Remember that MVM doesn't do movies either.
In all honesty I hope they don't have Fate Zero. I kind of want MVM to get a big title for once, rather than Manga snatching everything up. (Not to say Kids on the Slope isn't big)

Also look more closely - lots of new release dates - I'll list em I suppose:
Clannad Complete Series (DVD) - Aug 5th
Berserk: Movie 2 - The Battle For Doldrey (DVD/BD) - 12th Aug
Naruto - Shippuden: The Movie 3 - Will Of Fire (DVD/BD) - Aug 12th
Naruto - Shippuden: Movie Trilogy (DVD/BD) - Aug 12th
Penguindrum: Box Set 2 (DVD) - Aug 19th
Space Battleship Yamato (DVD/BD) - Aug 19th
Fate/Stay Night Unlimited Blade Works (DVD/BD) - Aug 26th
Nura - Rise Of The Yokai Clan: Season 1 - Part 2 (DVD) - Aug 26th
Tiger & Bunny vol 4 (Combo) - Aug 26th
Fairy Tail: Collection 2 (DVD) - 2nd Sept
Last Exile - Fam, The Silver Wing: Part 1 (DVD/BD) - 2nd Sept (Slightly Sceptical here due to Funi's schedule)
Blue Exorcist Part 1 (BD) - 9th Sept
Clannad After Story Complete (DVD) - 9th Sept
Lupin the Third - Woman called Fujiko (DVD/BD) - 16th Sept
Steins Gate: Part 2 (DVD/BD) - 30th Sept

Did I miss anything?

I must admit, I'm slightly sceptical of some of those release dates.
Berserk movie 2 would be released here 6 days after the US release, Last Exile Silver Wing 8 days before the US release and Blue Exorcist part 1 on the 9th of September - despite hearing nothing from Aniplex so far.
This never happens.

Yamato and UBW are probably two of their Expo announcements.

Rui said:
Mangaranga said:
st_owly said:

You didn't see this?

R
Wow...they do sound nice. Split over four volumes for £60 each though? Couldn't they have released just two sets - one for each arc?

Rosencrantz said:
manga_addicted95 said:

I don't think it follows that they have Zero, given MvM have the original there's no clear company that is dealing with the fate series

Similarly it's split between Animeplex and Sentai in the states

I know that, i was basing my guess on who licensed a fate item most recently, but i've just been reminded that MVM don't usually release anime films, so now i'm back to square one, not knowing who will have it but leaning more towards MVM, well i suppose we'll find out on saturday.

Joshawott said:
Rui said:
Mangaranga said:

You didn't see this?

R
Wow...they do sound nice. Split over four volumes for £60 each though? Couldn't they have released just two sets - one for each arc??/quote]

Why is it that they always put all the special features on the bluray? Are they so desperate for people to buy that version?

I guess the answer to all these questions was to make money.

I found it enjoyable too since I've played many RPGs. I understand it's problems but still like it so it's a guilty pleasure for me. I hope if Manga/MVM gets it, they at least condense it into 2 releases, if not one.

Rosencrantz said:
I don't think it follows that they have Zero, given MvM have the original there's no clear company that is dealing with the fate series

Similarly it's split between Animeplex and Sentai in the states
UBW is TBS - like F/SN, but it has gone to Manga anyway.
F/Z is Aniplex rather than TBS so it's not like there's any continuity in terms of licensing relationships with F/SN.

News regarding Blue Exorcist and SAO From ANN

Blue Exorcist
"Aniplex will release Blue Exorcist on Blu-ray Disc and DVD in two sets on July 9 and September 10. Pre-orders will also be available starting on May 28. The Blu-ray Disc sets will include an original soundtrack CD, a DVD featuring interviews with the English cast, a box illustrated by manga creator Kazue Katō, clear Blu-ray Disc cases with double-sided wraps of Japanese cover design, and a 36-page booklet. Both the Blu-ray Disc and DVD sets will include the unaired special episode "Kuro Runs Away From Home," the "Ura-Eku" short clips, "web version preview" videos, and trailer collections."
Blue-Exorcist-Blu-ray-Box-V1-Asset-lrg.jpg

Aniplex has my money once again. Even for a re-release they are throwing in extras and putting out a very attractive release.
This has me asking why Manga are doing it over three BD sets and a sub only DVD set when Aniplex are not. Maybe so they can do three 2 disc sets BD sets to spread the costs out a bit? If Aniplex are doing a dub DVD though, I thought it would be in their best interest to release that too.

Sword Art Online
"Aniplex of America will release Sword Art Online in four limited-edition Blu-ray Disc sets and four standard edition DVD sets. The sets will ship on August 13, September 17, October 15, and November 19. Pre-orders will be available on Right Stuf and Aniplex's own site starting on May 28.

The Blu-ray Disc box sets will come with a soundtrack CD on volumes 1 and 3, English cast interviews on volumes 2 and 4, a 16-page booklet, illustration pin-ups, and Bushiroad collectible cards. The Blu-ray Disc sets will also include audio commentary by creators and Japanese cast, and the "Sword Art OFFline special animation. The Blu-ray Discs will also come in a rigid box with illustrations by original character designer abec, and will include clear Blu-ray Disccases with double-sided wraps of Japanese cover designs. Both the Blu-ray Discs and the DVDs will include Japanese and English audio, and English and Spanish subtitles. The DVD sets will also feature a mini pin-up poster, and O-sleeve case, and a clear DVD case with double-sided wraps of Japanese cover designs.

The show's dub cast stars Bryce Papenbrook as Kirito and Cherami Leigh as Asuna. Other cast members include Cassandra Lee as Leafa, Christine Marie Cabanos as Silica, Sarah Williams as Lisbeth, and Patrick Seitz as Agil."
SAO-Box-ray-Set-I.jpg
SAO-Box-ray-Set-II.jpg
SAO-Box-ray-Set-III.jpg
SAO-Box-ray-Set-IV.jpg

As I've already stated - I will be buying this too.

EDIT: Why the F do quotes never work when I post?

Back