The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

Given MVM's liking for older series then Higurashi may be possible and style wise it fits in with the titles they have been putting out recently although I believe there's all sorts of complications in getting the license.

manga_addicted95 said:
I'd love it however if they could get either kimi ni todoke or pandora hearts.
YES! I've been begging around a bit for Pandora Hearts but it's purely a personal interest because it's my main love (as my name would probably suggest haha). I see it as unlikely for happening what with it lacking a dub and not being very well known. I would shower MVM with my love if they gave us this. Although the animation is not the best there's Yuki Kajiura's music and every voice is perfect. Junko Minagawa <3
As for Kimi ni Todoke, I commented about it on Facebook after Manga's last podcast. I would buy it for sure if it were released here but they don't seem keen on shoujo :( Maybe MVM could help us out :lol:
Also, I just seem to expect Shana. I keep forgetting it's not a given.

Joshawott said:
I also wouldn't mind Love, Chunibyo and Other Delusions at all. A UK release of Toradora with the OVA would also be brilliant. Bunny Drop too.
Josh. I have no idea why, but I get the impression that you really like Chuunibyou.

Mangaranga said:
Joshawott said:
I also wouldn't mind Love, Chunibyo and Other Delusions at all. A UK release of Toradora with the OVA would also be brilliant. Bunny Drop too.
Josh. I have no idea why, but I get the impression that you really like Chuunibyou.
I did love the show, although I admittedly think the last episode could have been a lot better.

I'm just a sucker for Kyoto Animation moe.

Rui said:
MVM will surprise us with Sword Art Online, Attack On Titan, AKB0048 and Kemono No Souja Erin. And Katanagatari (why not?). They'll also announce both of the live action Kubota Yuuki films I just ordered on Amazon.com.
Oh god no, the hell did SAO and Titan ever do to deserve that?!

Mangaranga said:
Joshawott said:
Someone would have to really like Chuunibyou to refer to it by that bloated, overlong English title every single time! :lol:

VoxPhantom said:
Mangaranga said:
Joshawott said:
Someone would have to really like Chuunibyou to refer to it by that bloated, overlong English title every single time! :lol:
It's easier than typing out the full Japanese title.

Joshawott said:
VoxPhantom said:
Mangaranga said:
It's easier than typing out the full Japanese title.
But typing Chuunibyou alone (or even Chuu2) is easier and I think everyone would still know which series you'd be referring to! :p

VoxPhantom said:
But typing Chuunibyou alone (or even Chuu2) is easier and I think everyone would still know which series you'd be referring to! :p
Is that logic you're using? Isn't using logic against the rules or something?

FourthLion said:
In that case I think they've commissioned their own series to be animated by Production I.G. about a magical piece of melonbread named Kensuke who saves Neo-Tokyo-4 from various attacks from large lizard creatures while at the same time trying to keep up to his classwork at Unicorn High and date various girls at least one of who is revealed to be a robot.

Quite difficult, Code Geass' copyrights are in the hands of Sunrise, not Production I.G.

Teo

Just Passing Through said:
In good news,
Siren Visual has licensed Monster!

I sense a potential UK announcement at MCM!

If Monster gets released here I will kiss them!

Slightly gutted about Durarara as I just bought them on ebay, but I could always sell them if I prefer the newer version.....or fancy listening to Crispins voice, mmm!

If any of the announcements from the Expo are Fate/Zero or Attack on Titan then I will be happy.

Joshawott said:
From the MangaUK podcast:

Bakuman has been delayed until 17th June. MangaUK basically said it was a delay on Kazé's side../quote]]/quote]
Well this is weird, I just got a dispatch email from Sainsburys for Bakuman season 1. How is that even possible?

elixEideJ said:
Joshawott said:
From the MangaUK podcast:

Bakuman has been delayed until 17th June. MangaUK basically said it was a delay on Kazé's side../quote]]/quote]]/quote]
Well this is weird, I just got a dispatch email from Sainsburys for Bakuman season 1. How is that even possible?

Probably they had it already in stock.. but still you better ask Manga Uk at twitter to see if thats ok or if there were some problem with discs... just in case...

Yeah, I tweeted them this morning. No response so far...
They do say in some of yesterdays tweets that Bakuman won't be available at the MCM Comic Con this weekend so I don't see how Sainsburys could have any stock. I probably won't know until it arrives through the post (or not) next tuesday/wednesday.

Mangaranga said:
Let's be honest, Fate Zero seems to be pretty much a given since they've expressed interest in licensing it before, and they also have FS/N.
Manga seemed to be hinting about it on the podcast before the latest one, SAO too.

Back