The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

My main thought process is that:
Kaze = Single disc Bluray per half with numerous other issues.
MVM = Most likely DVD only going by their current track record with bad cover art.
Manga = Bog Standard 2 Disc Bluray with that being advertised on the front cover.
Anime ltd = Potential of a nice special release - although admittedly we haven't seen anything from them yet.

But still, Fate/Zero and Accel World too being picked up would be great.
As I said though if AoA do a nice BD re-release with extras I would probably get that > a bog standard UK release.

I envy you having the Japanese sets Rui, I really want them and have come close to buying them so many times.

MVM said at London Expo they'd do BD where possible if they had the chance and there's a print run they can join in with. Manga UK would either do the same or print their own (using foreign materials) while Kaze would make their own discs from scratch. Anime Limited seem to be taking an open view. So I think how this plays out is going to depend a lot on how the release goes globally.

If MVM do get it, maybe ask Tony to accept fan submissions for cover art designs with the available artwork? :D

R

That doesn't mean they can't ask for fan help though, it just means that someone has to sign it off at the end so there might be changes needed.

The main thing which looks dodgy on MVM's tends to be the [over] use of blocky logos. Actually if the logos were a bit smaller (and the one for the number of discs was removed), most of their covers in my collection look fine.

R

Andrew's said he's staying away from titles where another license has a stake on the franchise, so MVM would at least get first refusal on F/Z due to F/SN.

I was wondering what you were ahemming about for a second and then it clicked...
Hope this isn't another case of loose lips getting ships held up while Toei sends someone other to break some fingers.

It would appear Manga might have got their hands on the booty of one piece finally. :D Complete season boxsets are the right way to go if the information is correct cause we have a lot of catching up to do.

I'd rather have a legal stream too since I already bought all of Funimation's sets. Maybe they can coax the rights for that out of Toei next...

R (we'll pay for it!)

Back