The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

Joshawott said:
Jerome replied to my poking about Index pointing out that Sony Universal's name is "Universal".

So I'm guessing they have the UK rights to A Certain Magical Index.

Either that or he was suggesting you ask Universal instead of Manga. Which might be daft as MVM have Shana 2, and those discs kick off with a Universal logo, so sublicencing isn't impossible. That said, I have read elsewhere (can't remember where so I might be talking out of my proverbial) that Manga aren't quite willing to jump through the hoops that Universal want them to to get access to Geneon properties. Although they obviously jumped enough for Hellsing Ultimate.

EDIT: Unrelated, but Manga hinting at an announcement at 5:30 today

Just Passing Through said:
Joshawott said:
Jerome replied to my poking about Index pointing out that Sony Universal's name is "Universal".

So I'm guessing they have the UK rights to A Certain Magical Index.

Either that or he was suggesting you ask Universal instead of Manga. Which might be daft as MVM have Shana 2, and those discs kick off with a Universal logo, so sublicencing isn't impossible. That said, I have read elsewhere (can't remember where so I might be talking out of my proverbial) that Manga aren't quite willing to jump through the hoops that Universal want them to to get access to Geneon properties. Although they obviously jumped enough for Hellsing Ultimate.

EDIT: Unrelated, but Manga hinting at an announcement at 5:30 today
Laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame.

Oh well, might as well bug MVM then.

britguy said:
Dannielle said:
Manga's upcoming releases are up on Amazon: http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=sr_pg_1?r ... 1360778876

I don't remember hearing that Blood C would be on BD

A date for Un-Go too :D both that and Blood will be bought!

HSOTD+OVA release only £10.49!! think i'm ebaying my current set and just rebuying at that price../quote]

if its going to be that much i think il do the same, jeezz we're getting a load of series aren't we

On topic of new Manga releases....

I own 1 - 4 singly of Hellsing Ultimate, with 2 being released in 2008 & the other 2 in 2009....so I was expecting the same to happen with 5 - 8 and then a complete boxset released later, but 5 - 8 are being released as a boxset.

So what do you expect will happen with 9 - 10? :/

GolGotha said:
On topic of new Manga releases....

I own 1 - 4 singly of Hellsing Ultimate, with 2 being released in 2008 & the other 2 in 2009....so I was expecting the same to happen with 5 - 8 and then a complete boxset released later, but 5 - 8 are being released as a boxset.

So what do you expect will happen with 9 - 10? :/

give it a year or 2 and there have them both in the same boxset

Hellsing Ultimate 5-8 BD would be a pre-order but... no 1-4 set to go with it?

And I hate to think that Manga have shot themselves in the foot with Brotherhood again, but is anyone actually going to buy FMA:B parts 3-5 on BD when they know they can get the whole series in June for £7.50 less than buying just those three volumes separately?

ayase said:
Hellsing Ultimate 5-8 BD would be a pre-order but... no 1-4 set to go with it?
The 1-4 BD box set is coming a bit later, think they said July on one of their podcasts or tweets.

devilrules666 said:
What about mira nikki? That one has just disappeared out of sight .
I think that's still at the dubbing stage, much like the Black Lagoon OVAs, which have also dropped off the radar.

GolGotha said:
Well yes, but it seems a little odd to have 4 singles, a boxset of 4 and 2 singles/boxset of 2....

Yeah its odd but thats the way most people will have it like me i guess lol

Unless people wanna go for the trouble to sell the singles...

Back