The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

Locked subtitles are a billion times better than 1080i (or worse) video. I assume in a few years there will be various players which can conveniently override the sub lock but the video quality is broken forever :/

R

Some updates on upcoming Nozomi releases,they are re-releasing the Dirty Pair tv series in litebox editions so if you never picked up this classic last time now is as good a time as ever to get in now.(release date for collection 1 June 4th 2013),there other release is Osamu Tezkua,s classic Princess Knight,yeah its the edited dub version by i,m still really excited about this release.(release date for collection 1 June 4th 2013)

Rui said:
Locked subtitles are a billion times better than 1080i (or worse) video. I assume in a few years there will be various players which can conveniently override the sub lock but the video quality is broken forever :/

R
Isn't there meant to be a Video Player for PC which lets you get around Locked subs anyway?
I just built a PC and I'm considering getting a BD drive.

Mangaranga said:
Isn't there meant to be a Video Player for PC which lets you get around Locked subs anyway?
I just built a PC and I'm considering getting a BD drive.

I can circumvent it on my machines (which is why I'm not that worried about it). No idea about Windows PCs!

R

I believe AnyDVD HD can remove such prohibitions, but I only ever use my PC for something I can't watch on my PS3, my BDs are all region B, and since the only reason I would remove subtitles is to take a screencap and you can't take screencaps on a PS3...

June titles/release dates from Section23

Dusk maiden of Amnesia (BD/DVD) - June 4th (Sentai) EDIT: (Includes Japanese Commentaries + 2 Music CDs)
Tegami Bachi: Letter Bee Reverse Collection 2 (DVD) - June 4th (Sentai)
Mysterious Girlfriend X (BD/DVD) - June 11th (Sentai)
Kill Me Baby (DVD) - June 18th (Sentai)
Saiyuki (DVD) - June 18th (AESIR HOLDINGS)
Momo, Girl God of Death (DVD) - June 25th (MAIDEN JAPAN)
Tari Tari (DVD) - June 25th (Sentai)

Personally interested in Amnesia and possibly Mysterious Girlfriend X depending on whether they are proper releases or 1080i crap.

Dusk Maiden of Amnesia sounds like something i'd like, and never imagined Momo would ever get a western release, really liked the sound of it and will definitely pick it up.

I'm still waiting on Kokoro Connect and Chunibyo, although I don't expect them to be released until at least October 2013 and December 2013 respectively (6 months after the last Japanese BD releases). Or November '13 and January '14 if we don't count the month they're released in as one of the six.

Mangaranga said:
Dusk maiden of Amnesia (BD/DVD) - June 4th (Sentai)
Just adding another note about Dusk Maiden

Includes episodes 1 - 13. Includes 2 music CDs.

Special Features: Japanese Commentaries; Clean Opening Animation; Clean Closing Animation
Track Lists

Disc 1:
Calendrier - Yuuko (4:02)
Calendrier - Yuuko TV Size (1:32)
Calendrier - Yuuko Instrumental (3:59)
Search (2:02)
Doubt (2:00)
Abyss (2:06)
Strangeness (1:46)
Tension (1:14)
Yuuko Flute Version (2:19)
Conclusion (2:05)
Illusion (2:06)
Solution (2:09)
Festival Music (1:33)
Pursuit (1:56)
Ghost (2:05)
Yuuko Piano Version (1:55)
Loneliness (2:03)
Shadow Yuuko (1:40)
Rumor (1:35)
Advice (1:48)
Momoe (1:26)
Walk (1:54)
Kirie (1:46)

Total Run Time 46:59

Disc 2:
Requiem (3:45)
Requiem Instrumental (3:45)
Clubroom (1:41)
Assault (1:17)
Yuuko Cello Version (2:17)
Corpse Yuuko (1:28)
Despair (2:04)
Dusk (1:54)
Culture Festival (1:19)
Shyness (1:35)
Bitterness (2:04)
Release (2:16)
Fear (1:44)
Escape (1:24)
Past (2:33)
Epidemic (1:47)
Altar (2:13)
Jealousy (1:32)
Attendance (1:15)
School (2:14)
Cheerful (1:41)
CHOIR JAIL Piano Version (2:21)

Total Run Time 44:09

Will definitely be buying for the commentaries/CDs. Found this info on the Mania board.

For any Vocaloid fans, Aniplex USA announced that the MIKUNOPOLIS in LA concert will be released on the 16th of April.

From Rightstuf:
Aniplex of America announced Mikunopolis in Los Angeles will be released via a limited-edition Blu-ray and CD combo set on April 16, 2013. The set will include Vocaloid Hatsune Miku's downtown L.A. concert -- originally recorded on July 2, 2011 -- along with the "Making of Mikunopolis" and Dancealoid opening act performace. The concert collection will also feature Japanese audio, song lyric translations in English and romaji, a deluxe digipak and PET sleeve case and a double-sided poster.
ItemDescription

If only I could figure out how to get the list boxes to work >_>
More info here.

A number of anime studios and production companies including Aniplex and Toei Animation are launching a new anime streaming service called Daisuki which is apparently for oversea fans.

According to the service, titles such as Puella Magi Madoka Magica, Mobile Suit Gundam, One Piece, Lupin the 3rd, and Prince of Tennis are "ready to be delivered." Daisuki also plans to stream anime titles nearly simultaneously with their Japanese broadcasts, as well as live events.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.co.uk/news/ ... te-daisuki

I can't help but be a little worried about what this will mean for AoD and Crunchyroll.

This could be amazing. I'm not that worried about CR/AoD; the latter treats the UK as a second class citizen in the first place, and competition (which doesn't end up making things worse for me) is fair game.

Nervously excited. Several of those series have been blocked from the UK in the current regime, so giving Japan control to serve them to us instead is a perfect solution if it's as good as it sounds. The current system isn't working in our favour.

R

Back