The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

Just read this on the S,more facebook page regarding any future releases of Galaxy Express 999 tv series,the following is the official statement.(We're just holding back on the release date for the time being,analyzing sales and if sales on part one justify release of the balance of the series. With the advent of digital streaming and downloads, it's often difficult to justify the costs involved in releasing 4 DVD box sets.)I think i can say without doubt that there will be no future releases which is of no surprise considering that the sales for the first set must have been terrible,now they,re bringing up the issue of digital streaming and downloads,what a joke,if they done the series justice and actually put an ounce of effort into the release,people would have supported it,but they expected us to buy a product that is practically no better than the online streaming versions was nothing but a insult,hope i never see the words S,more and anime in the same sentence ever again. :x

Joshawott said:
S'More, if you wanted your releases to sell...you should have made sure that they weren't super ****** releases.
Yeah the whole project was doomed from the start,real shame it was those idiots that had to pick up the rights for Galaxy Express 999,when the licence goes up for grabs again Discotek must grab it asap or even Right Stuf/Nozomi would do the series justice.

More details come out about Sony Universal's releases, and re-releases in Australia.

Shakugan no Shana: DVD & Blu-ray combo pack, season 1, season 2 part 1 and season 2 part 2 on the 24th of April 2013. Season three and OVA to follow later in year.
A Certain Magical Index: DVD release with season 1 part 1 and season 1 part 2 on the 24th of April 2013. Season 2 will be released later in 2013 and A Certain Scientific Railgun in June 2013.
Armitage III: DVD release on the 24th of April 2013
Haibane Renmei: DVD release on the 20th of June 2013.
Serial Experiments Lain: Blu-ray and DVD release on the 20th of June 2013.

Interesting that they have season 2 of Index due out later this year as iirc, FUNimation have said they only have the license for season 1? Guess they must have picked it up then.

I'm giving a UK company until the end of MCM Expo in May to announce an Index license for here. If not, I'll buy FUNi's region 1 release.

Seems Funimation have delayed the release of Last Exile:Fam,the Silver Wing which was ready for April 30th release,it has now has been pushed right back until September 10th.

Cambridge is still safe. That's good - the staff recently had to endure a temporary closure as the local shopping arcade kicked them out, so to face a permanent closure would be too cruel.

It appears that Sentai is no longer free from having unlocked subtitles. Rurouni Kenshin New Kyoto Arc is reported to be their first locked release.

To be honest I don't want to be subjected to ****** video or locked subtitles, but locked subs are more preferable at the end of the day.
Either way I'll probably be buying less anime. You shouldn't have to be wary of poor encoding (Sentai) or sub locking when looking to pre-order a title, especially when at the end of the day you could get a far better quality version for free.
Unfortunately though, seeing as Madman/Manga usually just re-region code Sentai's masters we will probably end up with this crap here too.

I'm still waiting for Andrew to save the UK anime industry.
We need more variety than generic Shounen/action/harem shows.

Back