The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

WOW! Blade Runner got snubbed hard.

CBqCZjr.gif
I would have nominated it for best Picture and director on top of the other nominations it got. I'm annoyed Ghost in the Shell got ignored as well considering how great its production design is.

On the animation front, the most shocking decision was to leave Don Hertzfeldt's World of Tomorrow Episode 2 off the shortlist for Best Animated Short Film. Despite it being arguably the best film of the year.

I could, but I've never really dabbled in that before. If we didn't know about the future AL release, I might have done it. Instead I now have faith in them potentially releasing a beautiful Ultimate Edition or at least a nice Collector's Edition.

I want to do an Ultimate but all hinges on material - so stay tuned :)! As soon as we can release one, we will too ;)...

AP

How about getting Code Geass (It's films would be nice), and giving us a UE of that instead ;)
Yes please. I replaced my Kaze sets with the US LE and I really regret it tbh, I would love a nice release from someone... anyone.

Also, seems a bit premature to be talking about an UE of a show that's shown 2 episodes and has had a pretty mixed reaction from what I can see (not watch it myself to be fair, I'll get to it though).

How about getting Code Geass (It's films would be nice), and giving us a UE of that instead ;)
Yes please. I replaced my Kaze sets with the US LE and I really regret it tbh, I would love a nice release from someone... anyone.

Yeah, I wasn't too thrilled with the US LE either, Funi can't even put their art cards inside the LE box anymore, and many of the CG chipboard boxes were very crooked. I'd double-dip on a nice upscale UK release for that as well. I love digipaks, especially the big 5 or 6 panel ones with continuous art across the entire digi... hint hint!

Yeah, I wasn't too thrilled with the US LE either, Funi can't even put their art cards inside the LE box anymore, and many of the CG chipboard boxes were very crooked. I'd double-dip on a nice upscale UK release for that as well. I love digipaks, especially the big 5 or 6 panel ones with continuous art across the entire digi... hint hint!

I ended up getting the FUNi CE for free in the end so *shrug*

I didn't want to push my luck since I gotten things like KoS S2 CE for free
I also got that refunded, as well as Danmachi CE. For whatever reason amazon were being generous each time I contacted them about damaged goods. They're crap for packaging but have good CS at least.

I also got that refunded, as well as Danmachi CE. For whatever reason amazon were being generous each time I contacted them about damaged goods. They're crap for packaging but have good CS at least.

If they refund someone too much eventually they ban the account of that user.

Which is why I don't intend on ordering any CEs from them again, not worth risking damaged goods and trying to get compensation only to be banned.

Amazon JP is more strict in offering refunds.

They would rather pay the super high shipping fees for DHL to send it back then let u keep it. (It's like £60+ to ship by DHL to Japan)

Amazon JP is more strict in offering refunds.

They would rather pay the super high shipping fees for DHL to send it back then let u keep it. (It's like £60+ to ship by DHL to Japan)
Ah really? I've never ordered from Amazon JP before. That sounds mad though.

Amazon Japan only requires you to return damaged items if they're priced over ¥7500 - anything less than that you won't have to send back. Problem is, not too many Blu-rays from Japan are less then ¥7500, lol... If you contact them on chat, they'll send you a prepaid DHL label to return it at no cost to you.

Amazon Japan only requires you to return damaged items if they're priced over ¥7500 - anything less than that you won't have to send back. Problem is, not too many Blu-rays from Japan are less then ¥7500, lol... If you contact them on chat, they'll send you a prepaid DHL label to return it at no cost to you.

Too bad their instructions on the how to do the prepaid DHL label was horrific. I ended up having £20 in fees calling DHL to get it sorted.

Back