The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

I think it's just a case of Picturehouse and Showcase listing things early this time. Do Cineworld, Vue or Odeon even have A Silent Voice up yet?
Cineworld don't. But if it came to the choice of ASV and We Are X, I'd go ASV. (I doubt Cineworld Cheltenham will show either.)

Never heard of the band, but the plot synopsis is quite something...

X Japan does have some anime connections if that is of interest. Their music is used in Clamp's "X" - one of their songs is used as the theme for the anime film version of the series, and there is a X Japan music video featuring artwork from X the manga.

What a surprise. Who would of guessed it.

I think the biggest surprise is that 3 Disney films not selling many extra copies that week were able to secure pretty high spots on the list that week.

Seemed to be a poor week in general for sales. (Other than YOI)

I'm so happy for Studio Mappa, I usually love what they put out (& YOI is no exception!) but sales wise they tend to fall on the lower end of the spectrum so this is truly their first big hit.

Great to see a studio you've come to love do well.

There is an interesting exhibit in Trinity College Dublin between March 20th and April 1st being hosted by the Japan Foundation comparing the similarities and differences between modern manga and the Hokusai Manga by Katsushika Hokusai.

This exhibit will also be held in Brussels, Bologna and Rome on other dates.

The Japan Foundation - Manga Hokusai Manga: Approaching the Masters Compendium from the Perspective of Contemporary Comics

Shouldn't make for too bad a day trip for anyone interested.

Ooh thanks. I have many opinions to share. Let's drown them in useful feedback.

If anyone with no opinions on the titles needs inspiration may I suggest One Piece (why Toei, why?), Kiss Him, Not Me (Andrew gave them the contract and it never appeared) and Haven't You Heard? I'm Sakamoto (because I want to moan about Sakamoto) as ideas?

R

My choices:
LmunaI2.png

Switched the third one for Evangelion in the end, even though it's the longest of long shots.

I was a little peeved that there was no option in the manga section for buying volumes digitally, so I also left that in the feedback section

KcowjRr.png

Choose CCS, Mononoke & Rose of Versailles for what I'd like to watch that are already on the service, then Legend of the Galactic Heroes, original Saint Seiya and all of the Aria franchise for the other option.
Threw in all of what Rui suggested too, more that's said about those the better :p

They also left out the idea of people who buy digitally and read digitally. I buy individual volumes (though I'm very far behind on everything now, because manga is difficult to track), but I also have a subscription to WSJ and read Crunchyroll.

Yeah I found the single choices a bit annoying (I import from Japan and the USA, and sometimes buy here too)! Suffice it to say a long final comment was added.

Just caught my partner nominating YOI as anime of the year in the survey. Surprising given how much coaxing was needed to get the first episode watched.

Good call on Sayonara Zetsubou-sensei Lemon, I would love to finally see that.

R

They also left out the idea of people who buy digitally and read digitally. I buy individual volumes (though I'm very far behind on everything now, because manga is difficult to track), but I also have a subscription to WSJ and read Crunchyroll.
I find manga easy to track using MyAnimeList.

Back