The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

Quizzed the Survey Makers about the lack of 'Middle-Ground' options, I know I'm one of the very rare people who likes there content both dubbed and subbed at a 50/50 ratio. (Yes, I know I'm the Scurge of the earth for liking both!)

In terms of shows picked I've gone with Tiger Mask W, Lupin the Third (All the Parts) and Slam Dunk. In the other shows section I went for Lagrange: The Flower of Rin-ne, Giant Killing and Dennou Coil.

Last edited:
Quizzed the Survey Makers about the lack of 'Middle-Ground' options, I know I'm one of the very rare people who likes there content both dubbed and subbed at a 50/50 ratio. (Yes, I know I'm the Scurge of the earth for liking both!)

In terms of shows picked I've gone with Tiger Mask W, Lupin the Third (All the Parts) and Slam Dunk. In the other shows section I went for Lagrange: The Flower of Rin-ne, Giant Killing and Dennou Coil.

Yeah, I'm the same. A "I like both equally" option, or something to that extent would've been nice.

I went for series that I know I'd watch if they were on CR rather than those I know to be good from watching elsewhere that I want others to watch.

cvQkaEI.png

Why can't I say that I import manga (from Japan) AND buy it in the UK? Am I not allowed to do that?

I asked for Kiss Him, Not Me; I Am Sakamoto (@Rui can be pleased) and Bakamonogatari for shows CR have elsewhere and I want here.

Otherwise I voted My hero Academia, Hyouka... and I don't actually recall what the last choice was.... maybe it was Baka as I'm not 100% sure CR do have that elsewhere and so had it in the first list

Sorted out the survey earlier on.

I selected Lupin the Third (Parts 1-3), Natsume's Book of Friends (Seasons 4-5) and One Piece for titles that Crunchyroll should get UK rights for.

I selected Hajime no Ippo, Monster and Rainbow for titles that Crunchyroll should get streaming rights for.

And for the comments, I basically went on a bit of a rant. Here's some points I went for:
  • Lack of focus on trying to get UK rights to TBS and Toei Animation shows.
  • The deal with Manga Animatsu over Sakamoto.
  • The deal with Anime Limited over Kiss Him Not Me and other titles that are planned.
  • Try and get Universal titles accessible with Universal UK joining the anime home market.
  • Focus on getting UK rights to catalogue shows more often.
Not perfect but hey that's just my opinion.

I went with Lupin III Parts 1-3, Jitsu wa Watashi wa, and Magic Kaito 1412 for titles they should get UK rights for.

I went with Crayon Shin-chan (subbed), Doraemon (subbed), and Digimon (subbed) they should get streaming rights for.

I went for Lupin, Cat's Eye and Galaxy Express as things I'd like to see them stream to the UK, although I may have been a bit hasty, as something in the back of my mind says they have the original Cobra series in the US...

Another vote for Lupin here. And I'll probably be the only one suggesting Future Boy Conan, 3000 Leagues in Search of Mother and Anne of Green Gables in the write-in :p

Back