The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

thedoctor2016 said:
We all knew OPM would win but 49% WTF no just no, yes school live should have need higher but glad Fate was up there but Root A seriously have no canon half rushed WHY.

Root A having "no cannon" isn't necessarily a problem. Blood Blockade Battlefront couldn't have been further from cannon if it was actively trying, and yet the non canonical elements are some of the most well received.

Also, Root A got a lot of votes because people already like the characters and the second half of that season was very very good (and arguably the first half was good for character but abysmal for narrative, so really it all depends on whether you want to feel things or have a coherent narrative.)

Buzz201 said:
thedoctor2016 said:
We all knew OPM would win but 49% WTF no just no, yes school live should have need higher but glad Fate was up there but Root A seriously have no canon half rushed WHY.

Root A having "no cannon" isn't necessarily a problem. Blood Blockade Battlefront couldn't have been further from cannon if it was actively trying, and yet the non canonical elements are some of the most well received.

Also, Root A got a lot of votes because people already like the characters and the second half of that season was very very good (and arguably the first half was good for character but abysmal for narrative, so really it all depends on whether you want to feel things or have a coherent narrative.)

I think following the authors story is important, maybe it just me.

thedoctor2016 said:
I think following the authors story is important, maybe it just me.

I think the idea that anything that deviates from the author's original story is bad is silly. That AoT spin-off manga with Levi, No Regrets, wasn't done by Hajime Isayama,, does it make it a less valuable contribution to Attack on Titan? Even though I wasn't a fan, I don't think it's any less important than anything Isayama did.

thedoctor2016 said:
I believe he was consulted.

From what I've heard Tokyo Ghoul's Sui Ishida is quite protective of his work. (There was a comment from a distributor about how approvals for the anime took a long time because he was specific about how his work was presented.) I'd be surprised if somebody hadn't run the Root A changes past him.

Kizumonogatari Part 2 will be in theaters this Summer in Japan, the official website has announced. Good, looks like the final film should be available by the end of the year or very early in 2017.

Food Wars! Shokugeki no Soma has a new promo trailer for Season 2. Delicious.

Terraformars Revenge Z has a new promo trailer. Yeaaahhhhhh.

Last edited by a moderator:
Buzz201 said:
From what I've heard Tokyo Ghoul's Sui Ishida is quite protective of his work. (There was a comment from a distributor about how approvals for the anime took a long time because he was specific about how his work was presented.) I'd be surprised if somebody hadn't run the Root A changes past him.
..unless that's why he's very protective :p

[spoilerbutton]
tumblr_n8y0p7Rpgp1s5f9ado1_500.gif

JoJo 4, FMP S3, and now this... 2016 could be decent. :p[/spoilerbutton]

NormanicGrav said:

WOW. Here was me thinking that JoJo Part 4 was the best news I was going to hear all year. I only watched Berserk last year but I feel like I've been waiting forever for this, I can't imagine how people have felt who saw it when it first came out. Whilst this is amazing news none the less, I really hope that this is a long running series and not just a one or two cour show. I'm also very curious who will be producing the show. I really hope it's Madhouse.

There are certainly a lot of revivals going on at the moment!

The Gurren Lagann page has a title which says it's starting up again and further information is coming soon. A picture someone in the comments thread found refers to Nico Nico Live and shows the text 'A broadcast has been decided for the whole of the story'.

So they're doing a full online broadcast as part of whatever this project is.

R

there seems to be a lot of shows coming back from the dead. This is good news as we finally will get to see proper endings to series like FMP. I really need to get round to watching Berserk. Spice & Wolf next please........

First we got Full Metal Panic, then jojo part 4, D-gray man and now Berserk. Next year is going to be amazing for shows. 2015 has been superb for announcements. I just want FMP footage with the berserk footage at the comiket at the end of the year to make this year complete. DON'T FAIL ME NOW WORLD

Some are suggesting Lagann's announcement might be a (video) game rather than an anime. PS being pachislot or PlayStation. This appears to be as a result of Konami appearing in the copyright byline.

The website is registered to Fields, who produce anime, as well as pachinko and pachislot machines. I wouldn't assume a new Lagannime is coming just yet...

Back