The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

Results of Anime News Network's "Mega Poll" of the best anime of 2015 are now in. From over 18,000 votes, here are the top ten.

1. One-Punch Man
2. Death Parade
3. Noragami Aragoto
4. Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works season 2
5. Food Wars!
6. Blood Blockade Battlefront
7. My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU TOO!
8. Assassination Classroom
9. Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon?
10. Charlotte

My favourite thing about this poll is that two shows got zero votes: "Kyoufu! Zombie Neko" & "Rainy Cocoa, Welcome to Rainy Color". I haven't seen these shows. Are they really that bad?

JoJo not even in the top 10? Yare Yare Daze.

Ian Wolf said:
My favourite thing about this poll is that two shows got zero votes: "Kyoufu! Zombie Neko" & "Rainy Cocoa, Welcome to Rainy Color". I haven't seen these shows. Are they really that bad?

Yes. Rainy Cocoa is really boring. Every episode is pretty much the same thing.

IncendiaryLemon said:
Wow. School Live and Sound Euphonium being snubbed by the likes of DanMachi and Charlotte is BS.

The ANN crowd is more mainstream, more American and more action based, it's not really a surprise that they didn't vote for the type of shows you watch. Chances are more of the ANN crowd saw DanMachi than Sound! Euphonium. It's probably more a reflection of who voted than of the quality of the works. I bet if they were to look at the results of AUKN's list, they'd be upset about what we left off in favour of "cute girls doing cute things nonsense". (As I was, I'm sure our selections were great, but all 4 of the Best TV or OVA anime 2015 winners have less than zero appeal combined to me.)

That said, boo to anybody that even considered putting Charlotte on their best of the year list. Anything but Charlotte would have done... :)

IncendiaryLemon said:
Wow. School Live and Sound Euphonium being snubbed by the likes of DanMachi and Charlotte is BS.

To be fair, depending on the type of anime fan you are then DanMachi is a better show. Personally I really like Sound but DanMachi would always rate higher for me as a fan because it felt much more satisfying. Charlotte definitely doesn't deserve to be higher than Sound though...

I'm surprised Tokyo Ghoul didn't get higher than GATE as there was so much fuss about it last year. Also Rokka was crap so how did that get so high?! Very interesting poll results really...

Demelza said:
I'm surprised Tokyo Ghoul didn't get higher than GATE as there was so much fuss about it last year. Also Rokka was crap so how did that get so high?! Very interesting poll results really...

Root A has enormous problems as an anime (notably that the entire first half of the series makes no goddamn sense), which is perhaps why the manga has taken off so much, as I'm told that avoids most of the problems Root A had.

Buzz201 said:
Demelza said:

Tokyo Ghoul aired Summer 2014, and Root A aired in Winter 2015. Root A has enormous problems as an anime (notably that the entire first half of the series makes no goddamn sense), which is perhaps why the manga has taken off so much, as I'm told that avoids most of the problems Root A had.

Ah that makes sense, I didn't realise the original series of Tokyo Ghoul was so long ago! I will admit that knowing Root A did things differently, and had problems, has driven me to read the manga as I want to see how the story actually goes.

Demelza said:
Ah that makes sense, I didn't realise the original series of Tokyo Ghoul was so long ago! I will admit that knowing Root A did things differently, and had problems, has driven me to read the manga as I want to see how the story actually goes.

I think that's the right decision, but I'd watch Root A afterwards, as when it takes off, it's amazing. The trouble is you have to through 5 episodes of nonsensical crap beforehand, at which point it'd almost lost me.

Buzz201 said:
Demelza said:

I think that's the right decision, but I'd watch Root A afterwards, as when it takes off, it's amazing. The trouble is you have to through 5 episodes of nonsensical crap beforehand, at which point it'd almost lost me.

I've actually already watched both seasons of Tokyo Ghoul! I got driven to the manga after :) I did have a lot of trouble getting through Root A, but I was determined to see it through in the end.

Official version of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 4: Diamond Is Unbreakable's PV #1 is out:

April 2015 simulcast. DORARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARAAAAAAAAAA!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
NormanicGrav said:
Official version of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 4: Diamond Is Unbreakable's PV #1 is out:

April 2015 simulcast. DORARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARAAAAAAAAAA!!!

I think the change in art style will take some getting used to - it's much more delicate looking than Stardust Crusaders, or even the Diamond is Unbreakable manga itself.

Also is it just me, or is the vocalist singing "**** this **** now"?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back