The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

I couldn't find 2013 results (assuming the poll even ran in 2013), but Fate/Zero was included in the light novel ranking at no. 6 last year.

Rightfully so, those novels are excellent. There's a great moment during the third novel (I think it is), where you suddenly realise that everything's gone to **** and nobody's going to get what they want. I remember my jaw hitting the floor and not returning to the correct position until a few hours later. I had been on the fence before that, but that concluding novel is where everything clicks and it really starts to work. I tried watching the anime not long after, but there were a lot of small changes that annoyed me.

I personally think that Fate/Zero is easily one of the greatest television anime of the current decade, but while Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works had absolutely stunning animation (ufotable yo) and it was easily one of my favourite series' of this year, I don't think its story and characters were as good (Rin being an exception, because she's great). Then the less said about Studio DEEN in general, the better.
IncendiaryLemon said:
Madoka is number 1? I wouldn't have it any other way...
30370ccc00b01d800e8102fdcb707d6e5faad48b_hq.gif

Joshawott said:
I personally think that Fate/Zero is easily one of the greatest television anime of the current decade, but while Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works had absolutely stunning animation (ufotable yo) and it was easily one of my favourite series' of this year, I don't think its story and characters were as good (Rin being an exception, because she's great). Then the less said about Studio DEEN in general, the better.
IncendiaryLemon said:
Madoka is number 1? I wouldn't have it any other way...
30370ccc00b01d800e8102fdcb707d6e5faad48b_hq.gif

Its because UBW is only part of the holy grail war, after Heavens Feel is released I think people will appreciate UBW more as HF will fill spaces of the story.

Ian Wolf said:
Don't know if anyone is interested in this, but the latest episode of Dave's "Crackanory" features a story about a man who falls in love with a dakimakura (referred to as a "waifu").
On a scale from 1 to 10, 10 being "Cowboy Bebop at his computer", how much does it play idiot for it's own ends?

Rui said:
I feel it's a sign of something when of the five front-running Sugoi Japan anime titles all have been licensed in the US and only one has been picked up here :(

R
It's a sign that we're the red headed stepchild of the anime industry?

Seriously, other countries see us and laugh behind the bike shed and laugh "They don't even have sailor moon. Let's stick them in the goals for football and lob cricket balls at them!"

Seriously though, every time Funimation etc grab the UK rights and don't act on them they need to be penalised so hard that they'll convulse in terror at the thought of ever looking at the UK licence ever again.

ConanThe3rd said:
Ian Wolf said:
Don't know if anyone is interested in this, but the latest episode of Dave's "Crackanory" features a story about a man who falls in love with a dakimakura (referred to as a "waifu").
On a scale from 1 to 10, 10 being "Cowboy Bebop at his computer", how much does it play idiot for it's own ends?

Well, I guess it should be pointed out that anime or manga itself was not mentioned explicitly, but I did feel uncomfortable watching it. Of course, you are meant to feel uncomfortable watching "Crackanory", but more from being scared rather than misrepresentation. If you are interested you can see the episode on the Dave website. It is the first story, "The Truth About Suz", read by Morgana Robinson. Below is a clip.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back