The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

Funimation Announces Assassination Classroom English Dub Cast
The cast, under ADR director Joel McDonald, assistant ADR director Apphia Yu, and ADR engineer Peter Hawkinson, includes:

Koro Sensei – Sonny Strait
Nagisa Shiota – Lindsay Seidel
Tadaomi Karasuma – Chris Ryan
Karma Akabane – Austin Tindle
Isogai – Jerry Jewell
Fuwa – Kristi Kang
Hayami – Jamie Marchi
Hinano – Kristen McGuire
Kaede – Monica Rial
Maehara – Chris Burnett
Mimura – Joel McDonald
Muramatsu – Eric Cherry
Nakamura – Apphia Yu
Okajima – Nick Haley
Okano – Didi Archilla
Sugaya – Kyle Phillips
Kanzaki – Leah Clark
Kimura – Jean Luc Hester
Kirara – Terri Doty
Meg – Morgan Garrett
Sugino – Clifford Chapin
Terasaka – MARCUS STIMAC
Toka – Michelle Rojas
Yoshida – Orion Pitts
J. Michael Tatum wrote the dub script.

Teaser since we're outside the US
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-GMlkMS8YM

Death Parade is up.
The cast, under ADR director Zach Bolton, assistant ADR director Cris George, and ADR engineer Cris George, includes:

Decilm – Alex Organ
Woman – Jamie Marchi
Nona – Jad Saxton
Quin – Anastasia Munoz
Clavis – Z. Charles Bolton
Takashi – Eric Vale
Machiko – Trina Nishimura

Bonny Clinkenbeard wrote the dub script.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com.au/news/2015-02-17/funimation-announces-death-parade-english-dub-cast/.85107

Teaser
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gu0p51X8ydc

DVD only is disappointing. I hate when companies release half a franchise/series on Blu-ray and then decide not to release the other half. I hope MVM don't make a habit of it like Manga UK did as it makes me wary to pick up any series before it has been completely released and because of that it impacts on their early sales figures.

DVD release is better than no release but they are very low priority for me as anime isn't cheap & I'd rather buy blu-ray releases. I guess I'll be keeping an eye out for a potential blu-ray import or buying it if/when it becomes deal of the week.

serpantino said:
DVD only is disappointing. I hate when companies release half a franchise/series on Blu-ray and then decide not to release the other half. I hope MVM don't make a habit of it like Manga UK did as it makes me wary to pick up any series before it has been completely released and because of that it impacts on their early sales figures.

DVD release is better than no release but they are very low priority for me as anime isn't cheap & I'd rather buy blu-ray releases. I guess I'll be keeping an eye out for a potential blu-ray import or buying it if/when it becomes deal of the week.

I think they're releasing it as DVD only as the company who they licensed it from are releasing it DVD only.

BBFC have put up some ratings for upcoming and past anime titles:
Ben-To: Complete Collection - Overall (15)
Blood Lad: Complete Collection - Overall (15)
Fairy Tail: Part 9 - Disc 1 (12), Disc 2 (12)
The Garden of Words - Film (12)
Giovanni's Island - Film (PG)
Good Luck Girl! (Binbo-gami ga!): Complete Collection - Overall (15)
Gurren Lagann: Childhood's End (Gurren-hen) - Film (15)
Gurren Lagann: The Lights in the Sky are Stars (Lagann-hen) - Film (12)
HAL - Film (12)
Kill la Kill: Box 1 - Ep.1 (15), Ep.2 (15), Ep.3 (15), Ep.4 (15), Ep.5 (15), Ep.6 (12), Ep.7 (15), Ep.8 (12), Ep.9 (15)
Kill la Kill: Box 2 - Overall (15)
Patema Inverted - Film (PG)
Space Dandy: Season 1 - Overall (15)
Tiger & Bunny: The Beginning - Film (PG)

Dannielle said:
serpantino said:

I think they're releasing it as DVD only as the company who they licensed it from are releasing it DVD only.

Exactly. MVM usually share their BD costs with Australian companies, indeed the AU companies do the BD manufacturing and MVM split the print run. Madman released Patlabor OVA S1 on DVD and Blu-ray, but when it came to S2, they didn't sell enough of Part 1 to warrant selling Part 2 on BD, and Sentai's discs are Region A.

When it comes to MVM, it's the choice between getting some BDs this way, or no BDs at all, at least until everyone ditches DVD and starts buying Blu-ray.

serpantino said:

To be fair, though, it's not really the same issue as, say, Manga Entertainment putting out half of Xam'd: Lost Memories on BD and then going DVD only for the rest of it. The Patlabor OVA collection that MVM put out before on BD is completely disconnected from the New Files.

In fact, the New Files release is a bit of a curio in itsef, seeing as it's effectively a continuation of 'Patlabor The TV', which we don't have a UK release for. Unless I've been sufficiently overworked to have missed something big. Which happens.

Just Passing Through said:
Dannielle said:
serpantino said:

Exactly. MVM usually share their BD costs with Australian companies, indeed the AU companies do the BD manufacturing and MVM split the print run. Madman released Patlabor OVA S1 on DVD and Blu-ray, but when it came to S2, they didn't sell enough of Part 1 to warrant selling Part 2 on BD, and Sentai's discs are Region A.

When it comes to MVM, it's the choice between getting some BDs this way, or no BDs at all, at least until everyone ditches DVD and starts buying Blu-ray.
All sentai/maiden Japan BD releases in 2015 are geo locked and not region locked, so as long as the player has its country code set to the USA then the discs will (or should) run regardless of the region code of the player (the old bypass method can be used on the TV series discs, but you need to select the correct chapter on the first part depending on if you want to watch in English or Japanese).

Back