The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

Lutga said:
The Kaze blurb print has always been poor - I believe it's auto translated from French, or something like that. Some of the recent Bleach ones are equally laughable.

One of my favorites was when the blurb on the back of a Bleach complete set was the same as the previous set.. it was a new arc & all, had no relevance. oh kaze, pls go.

HdE said:
The spellchecker remark actually puts me in mind of something I've been tutting over.

I only saw the spelling errors on the Anime Ltd. releases, because when a title isn't available or incomplete, i contribute it to the MyMovies Pro application.

From the top of my head, there is a mistake in the Tiger & Bunny: The Beginning description where commerical is used twice instead of commercial. There was also one on another release, but frankly i can't remember anymore which one it was.

No big thing, just something i noticed :)

Hope there are no big spelling mistakes in my posts, English isn't my mother language.

Surely Aniplex must be relaxing by this point on blocking a UK release? The prices in the US are starting to creep down a fair bit, especially on the new bog standard bare bones verisons of movie 3.

I remember Jerome saying (back when he was with Manga UK) that they wanted Rebellion, but Aniplex were only selling the three together and due to the series' poor performance here, they didn't want to bother with Beginnings and Eternal.

Although to be honest, is it any surprise that the UK release did poorly when it was up against the amazing, region-free Aniplex of America sets?

Joshawott said:
Although to be honest, is it any surprise that the UK release did poorly when it was up against the amazing, region-free Aniplex of America sets?
I can't really comment on the overall A/V quality of the discs since I never really watched them, but it looks like Manga's release is a fraction of the cost at a fraction of the quality.
The transport streams on the UK discs are about about a third of the size @ ~13mbps.

Is there any sound proof that compilation / 'remix' films sell poorly or are un-wanted (in the UK at any rate)? When they're done well, I think they can be quite effective - although there are some absolutely shocking examples out there too. But in some cases I feel they're quite a nice way of introducing the show to a new audience who perhaps just want to get the basics down in 90 mins or so.

Just Passing Through said:
Look like Patlabor OVA Season 2 New Files will be DVD only when it gets here, as Australia isn't doing it.

I noticed the DVD only cover art in the overseas thread and figured that's the case. Very disappointed as I really wanted to support MVM bringing classic series to the UK. Guess I'll carry on just importing that sort of thing in the future. I understand they are at the mercy of the Australian licensors for Blu-Ray at times, but doesn't make it any less disappointing.

Back