The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

Yup, it was re-released in the UK on DVD back in August 2013 under 101 Anime
Piak0Cwl.jpg

ayase said:
ADV were never really dead, they just disassembled into Sentai, Section 23 and Maiden Japan.
Actually all of ADV's remaining licenses were transferred to Aesir who have re-released some of the titles under their own name, and someone over on TFP sent an email to the old ADV email address which bounced but the bounceback came from Aesir media which means that it's likely that they own the ADV Films brand as well.

ADV WASN'T THAT bad of a contributor

I mean come on

Elfen lied people.

I wish we started to get old titles too not just the ones that comes out then we have to wait a year to get them.

Some oldies would but nice too.

Lutga said:
I have to admit the first thing that came to mind was the remastered Eva box set, but who knows...

What a way to relaunch ADV Films that would be!
It would be great to see them back, but they don't need to have that many labels.

Elaniel said:
Lutga said:
I have to admit the first thing that came to mind was the remastered Eva box set, but who knows...

What a way to relaunch ADV Films that would be!
It would be great to see them back, but they don't need to have that many labels.
Being that ADV did such an amazing job on dubbing the Eva series/movies I could see them getting the rights. The commentary on Death & Rebirth is probably one of the most informative English anime commentaries ever created. Those people actually knew what they were talking about (and it was funny too) and the reactions to Shinji's baby batter scene is priceless :)

So is Kill la Kill part 2 coming out on the 2nd or the 16th?.most places say the 16th,Anime Ltd says the 2nd and Anime on Line and I think zavvi say the 23rd.

Emulsion said:
Type45 said:
So is Kill la Kill part 2 coming out on the 2nd or the 16th?.most places say the 16th,Anime Ltd says the 2nd and Anime on Line and I think zavvi say the 23rd.

Was wondering the same thing.
Yeah I'd like to know too, asked 4 times over Facebook, Twitter and here and not had a answer, with it being less than a week away it would be nice to know.

Buzzkillington said:
Emulsion said:
Type45 said:

Was wondering the same thing.
Yeah I'd like to know too, asked 4 times over Facebook, Twitter and here and not had a answer, with it being less than a week away it would be nice to know.

23rd is accurate - just wanted to be sure it was correct before I OK'd the update :). Explained it elsewhere in the forum but it's a pretty mundane reason but it's what means you have 212 pages of artbook on this release :).

Got a treat cooking too for Part 3's book...

AP

anime_andrew said:
23rd is accurate - just wanted to be sure it was correct before I OK'd the update :). Explained it elsewhere in the forum but it's a pretty mundane reason but it's what means you have 212 pages of artbook on this release :).

AP

Just read the post with the update info. A treat you say,mmmmm. So how long before we get to hear about said treat?

Emulsion said:
anime_andrew said:

AP

Just read the post with the update info. A treat you say,mmmmm. So how long before we get to hear about said treat?

Next newswire I'd say :D

AP

With the delays, I can easily afford the Gundam Origin Blu-Ray from the AL webstore now. Funny how that works out! :)

I'm so behind on my anime watching at the moment that at least I have some time to catch up as there's not a lot released in March that I am purchasing.

NormanicGrav said:
Viz Media have announced they will be providing complete Manga box sets for Claymore and Rosario+Vampire!

Claymore's set will contain all 27 volumes in one box due for October.

Rosario+Vampire's set will contain all 10 volumes of Season 1 and all 14 volumes of Season 2 in one box due for November.

Oh nice... will definitely need to get the Claymore boxset.

Amazon have pushed back Samurai Brides till July 6th, 2015 : http://www.amazon.co.uk/Samurai-Bride-C ... ertainment

--

Anime Limited's first podcast is up! http://blog.alltheanime.com/anime-limit ... 1-2722015/

Edit: Podcast news: Space Dandy Season 2 Collectors Edition will feature an exclusive illustration from the character designer from Space Dandy on the box. Sounds neat!

Edit 2: Durarara is coming along nicely, waiting for check disks already. Could be ready by May MCM Expo, keyword could :p

Dannielle said:
Amazon have pushed back Samurai Brides till July 6th, 2015 : http://www.amazon.co.uk/Samurai-Bride-C ... ertainment

--

Anime Limited's first podcast is up! http://blog.alltheanime.com/anime-limit ... 1-2722015/

Edit: Podcast news: Space Dandy Season 2 Collectors Edition will feature an exclusive illustration from the character designer from Space Dandy on the box. Sounds neat!

Edit 2: Durarara is coming along nicely, waiting for check disks already. Could be ready by May MCM Expo, keyword could :p

Correct word: Should be :). Check discs this week means we could have it out before, but scheduling can be a bit iffy so I'd rather aim for MCM Expo instead and schedule actual release just after in worst case. If I can go sooner, I will :)!

anime_andrew said:
Dannielle said:

--

Correct word: Should be :). Check discs this week means we could have it out before, but scheduling can be a bit iffy so I'd rather aim for MCM Expo instead and schedule actual release just after in worst case. If I can go sooner, I will :)!

:thumb:

Back