The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

I might finally be able to own Oreimo...

EDIT:
To update on the Tiger & Bunny stuff, the official Facebook page has posted up screenshots of the script for episode 3. So they're only at that point? :S

Rena Ryuugu said:
ConanThe3rd said:
Wow, wasn't Shngri-la one of the first CR streaming things?

I think it was, if my memory recalls.
Gonzo pretty much started Simulcasting, but with Druaga, Blassreiter and Strike Witches on a mix of Crunchroll, BOST and YouTube etc. Shangri-la was a whole year later.
BOST had a fixed fee per episode (I bought Strike Witches but didn't bother with the other two, and didn't want anything to do with Crunchyroll at the time) and Crunchyroll did a "pay whatever you want" thing - you got a bonus for paying something like $2 and there were some idiots paying $15 or more, just for the first episode.
I think Shangri-la was the first series I watched on CR (they had Linebarrels in between, but I dropped it after one episode). I remember having problems playing it as both my laptop and PS3 struggled - I heard that zipper sound at the start so many times...

Joshawott said:
EDIT:
To update on the Tiger & Bunny stuff, the official Facebook page has posted up screenshots of the script for episode 3. So they're only at that point? :S
This might be before your time, but I think those were taken with this old fashioned device we called a "camera" :p

I've been waiting on Shangri-La for years. The French have had it for ages. It's a typical Gonzo futuristic adventure show, which is fun while it lasts, but then they go and completely balls-up the ending. In that respect, it's nothing new, but the Range Murata designs are excellent, and it manages to deliver something of the eco-message and depth that Origin Spirits of the Past promised, but failed to deliver. I've seen it twice on Crunchroll already, and it's a definite purchase for me once it gets subbed into English... although I might wait to see if MVM pick it up.

It was on the cards, but it's finally been confirmed that the entirety of the Monogatari series by NisoIsin has been greenlit for an anime adaptation, which is fantastic news. I still need to watch nisemonogatari still mind you, but i know that it's meant to be the weakest of the series, so hopefully we'll see it get better with the new stuff.

Source

Shiroi Hane said:
Joshawott said:
EDIT:
This might be before your time, but I think those were taken with this old fashioned device we called a "camera" :p
*looks at the black and white camera next to me* Shush you, used the wrong word xD

Rena Ryuugu said:
Vis Media has licensed the Berserk film trilogy.

This was some of the best news i've heard all day. Then of course, i heard that the English voice cast of the Persona 4 game are also doing the Anime voices as well now, so yeah, three great pieces of news in less than 24 hours. Bakemonogatari, Berserk and P4 dub. A dub i may actually watch, hoorah!

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2 ... h-dub-cast

EDIT: damnit, was beaten to the Persona 4 stuff, oh well

Wow, a lot of good news over the last few pages, as well as Rui hitting some home runs re: pricing.

mangaman74 said:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2012-04-02/discotek-announces-dvd-release-of-captain-harlock-tv-series
I'm picking this out in particular though for the OH HELL YES award.

Sentai has licensed Kids on the Slope and Mysterious Girlfriend X.

Yen Press has licensed the Umineko No Naku Koro Ni manga, as well as Thermae Roman, Anything and Something.

I'm so happy that the Umineko manga has been licensed ^_^

Rena Ryuugu said:
Aniplex USA has licensed Bakemonogatari and will be releasing Oreimo and Garden of Sinners on DVD.

I got really excited the other day when I first read this. Then I thought 'isn't that the company that doesn't want us to import their stuff anymore? Balls.'

I want my Bakemonogatari :twisted:

Is there a way around the import thing? A store likely to get it that will ship to England?

Joshawott said:
FUNimation announces new licenses:
Lupin III - The Woman Named Fujiko Mine
Lupin III ~Mine Fujiko to Iu Onna~- What happened when Lupin III met Fujiko Mine for the first time? Find out in the first new chapter of the Lupin III franchise in 25 years!
If you don't count the OVAs, films and TV specials which have been produced on pretty much a yearly basis for the last 25 years.

Still, instant licence? Now that's what I like to see.

Cathe said:
Rena Ryuugu said:
Aniplex USA has licensed Bakemonogatari and will be releasing Oreimo and Garden of Sinners on DVD.

I got really excited the other day when I first read this. Then I thought 'isn't that the company that doesn't want us to import their stuff anymore? Balls.'

Is there a way around the import thing? A store likely to get it that will ship to England?

I would think that United Publications would be able to get it (they haven't said anything about not being able to get Puella Magi Madoka Magica 2 and 3 which I have on preorder with them).

ilmaestro said:
mangaman74 said:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2012-04-02/discotek-announces-dvd-release-of-captain-harlock-tv-series

'Tis super news, innit? How come there isn;t more chatter about it? :eek:

mangaman74 said:
Cathe said:
Rena Ryuugu said:

I would think that United Publications would be able to get it (they haven't said anything about not being able to get Puella Magi Madoka Magica 2 and 3 which I have on preorder with them).
Well, it took them about a month to get my copy of Toradora! Volume 2 Premium Edition, so do they even know at this stage?

HdE said:
ilmaestro said:
mangaman74 said:

Maybe because some people don't care for stuff thats more than a few years old.

mangaman74 said:
HdE said:
ilmaestro said:
mangaman74 said:

Maybe because some people don't care for stuff thats more than a few years old.
::slaps off mangaman's hipster glasses::

I think the real reason is that there's just not much chatter on here full stop at the moment. I'm hyped for Harlock certainly, but this is based solely on name recognition (I've never seen an episode and it'll be a blind-buy) so there's little else I can say about it until I actually have it in my hands!

Back