The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

animefreak17 said:
Joshawott said:
3.0 + 1.0 = 4.0!

38ceaa2e17aadb8bb325ad0e4928bd6e.jpeg

Sometimes I wish the angels was real so they can destroy the world -_-

Well it's not long till 2015 now.

Kill la Kill's 25th episode (OVA) won't be available on Netflix:

I'm afraid that's not going to be on it as it's not authorised for digital deals so it won't come to Netflix, sorry!

Andrew

AFAIK, that pretty much applies to all OVA episodes anyway (notice how Bakemonogatari and Oreimo OVAs aren't available on Viewster & Crunchyroll).

--------------------------

Yo Viz, whatever happened to Reborn! anyway? You still sitting on the licence or has it been officially cancelled?

VizMedia We are in an interesting position with Reborn. We have part of the series, but we do not have it finished. Unfortunately that is how it will remain for awhile, but if that changes we will be sure to let you all know.

NormanicGrav said:
Kill la Kill's 25th episode (OVA) won't be available on Netflix:

I'm afraid that's not going to be on it as it's not authorised for digital deals so it won't come to Netflix, sorry!

Andrew

AFAIK, that pretty much applies to all OVA episodes anyway (notice how Bakemonogatari and Oreimo OVAs aren't available on Viewster & Crunchyroll).

Well they do primarily exist to add value to buying a home release so it's not overly surprising

On that note, it's a shame that the western streaming sites and localisation companies haven't yet clubbed together and put trailers or ads on the streams to let people know they can keep watching on home video.

Having said that, it's easy for anime-specific streaming sites but I wonder how you'd get the message across on Netflix; an ad for the home video release placed after the last episode would be pretty neat.

(Advertising the actual thing you've chosen to watch is the one time I find advertising tolerable ^^)

R

Thinking about it just now. What if Evangelion: 3.0+1.0 is an Endless Eight style finale to the whole Rebuild series? Starts off with the events of 1.0 til 3.0 and vice versa until Shinji hits the 'Congratulations' button.

Anyone looked at Sailor Moon ep 1-4 (Viz Dub) on Hulu?
You can view it with the Hola add on, which will bypass the region restrictions.

Was really excited for this and was not dissappointed in the end. It was a solid dub though I don't think the video quality was blu ray level, but it is an old show.

SnowWolf said:
You can view it with the Hola add on, which will bypass the region restrictions.

Was really excited for this and was not dissappointed in the end. It was a solid dub though I don't think the video quality was blu ray level, but it is an old show.

Wait.. you can access Hulu with Hola? Figured the whole service was premium only. Anywho I'll probably wait until my copy arrives for the dub.

NormanicGrav said:
SnowWolf said:

Wait.. you can access Hulu with Hola? Figured the whole service was premium only. Anywho I'll probably wait until my copy arrives for the dub.

Episodes 5-23 will be put up in a couple of days. I'm unsure of whether to wait for my set or just view it now.

Discotek have revealed a comparison between the original release and their current release for Fatal Fury: The Movie. Apparently according to RACS it's selling really well.

-----------------------
UPDATE: 08/09/2014:

Looks like UP1 have finally used up stock for the Love Live! School Idol Project Season 1 Premium Edition, so therefore the title is officially out of print (it was already sold out on the main US stores).

Kenichi the Mightiest Disciple manga will be ending soon.

UK Anime Network have shown off the menus for Attack on Titan: Part 1 Collector's Edition (BD Series, DVD Extras).

Last edited by a moderator:
speaking of attack on titan, dont both part 1 and part 2 of the US collectors edition come with bonus discs and booklets, yet we only get 1 bonus disc with part 1 ( and booklets for both). So essentially we are missing out on half of the extras, we only get the first half of the making of and half of the chibi theatre ?

Back