The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

Ah that's OK then, I don't mind missing out on the artbook initially if it's sold through other streams later. I'm assuming Mai Mai Miracle will be Durarara/Bebop sized rather than TTGL/PI/GI size

Giovanni's Island looks intriguing, might have to give it a look.

Also just wanted to voice my approval for the release strategy that Anime Limited have settled on for their releases. I like having the option of an Ultimate edition (with all the physical stuff) or a standard BD edition (with all the on-disc content).

That makes it easier for me and my wallet to blind buy something like this whilst knowing I'm still getting a quality release. Or if it's a movie/series that I really want, it's close enough to payday and there's something like a really substantial book included, I could justify splashing out for the ultimate edition :p Hope Anime Limited can keep this approach up!

britguy said:
Ah that's OK then, I don't mind missing out on the artbook initially if it's sold through other streams later. I'm assuming Mai Mai Miracle will be Durarara/Bebop sized rather than TTGL/PI/GI size

I guess it's best for the MMM set to be DRRR!! size, we don't want to piss off the Americans with UE sized sets.

Oh, no offence taken at all! My anime collection is from all over the place so consistency be damned! It would be inconsistent to be consistent!

Last edited by a moderator:
Discotek have done some licensing announcements:

- Bokurano: Ours (considered to be impossible to license by many fans)
- Comic Party
- Lupin the 3rd: Napoleon’s Dictionary
- Samurai Troopers TV Series
- Samurai Troopers OVA

All DVD-only. Japanese with English Subtitles.

Meanwhile Funimation have provided a suitable response regarding Sankarea: Undying Love:
So FUNimation, what's happing to Sankarea: Undying Love? I thought it was going to be released at the start of the year. And yet like Evangelion we are still waiting could you at least give us an idea when we might see this.

FUNimation We are still waiting for a confirmed release date. We'll have a better idea once the final materials have been reviewed.

Couldn't you just release the cut ver and be done with it.

FUNimation Actually, some retailers do have the edited version. So, if it is available on the market, and you wish to purchase it, you are more than welcome to do so. See Amazon.com

UPDATE:

Funimation have added .hack//SIGN to their streaming section and Hulu, it's one of the rescued licenses from last year. I have a hunch it's coming out this Winter 2015 (December '14-February '15).

No teaser for Evangelion: FINAL (Evangelion: ||) during it's NTV broadcast. Instead we get this:

10590439_633102966787646_2437721738067967975_n.jpg

3.0 + 1.0 sounds like a super deluxe bonus edition of 3.0.

But maybe it really is 4.

Or maybe it's 3.0, but with normal Asuka instead of Pirate Asuka.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back