The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

NormanicGrav said:
animefreak17 said:
They should do a second season of HOTD

Not really, despite having 3 volumes left to adapt there's not enough material to cover an entire season. I would rather wait for volume 8 to be made then have a second season.

................ :p ...........o.....k.......then they should get to work on the manga then lol

The Tale of the Princess Kagura Japanese Blu-ray is coming soon
Release date: December 3, 2014

- Blu-ray: 7344 yen
<Audio>
Japanese (2.0ch stereo / Linear PCM)
Japanese (5.1ch / DTS-HD Master Audio TM (lossless))
English, French, Mandarin, Cantonese (5.1ch / Dolby Digital)

<Subtitles>
Japanese, English, French, Korean, Chinese (Traditional ・Mandarin), Chinese (Traditional ・Cantonese)

- DVD: 5076 yen
<Audio>
Japanese (2.0ch stereo / Dolby Digital)
Japanese (5.1ch / Dolby Digital)
English (2.0ch stereo / Dolby Digital)

<Subtitles>
Japanese, English

31xEP5BzTlL.jpg
41W0wBwki7L._SL_.jpg

animefreak17 said:
................ :p ...........o.....k.......then they should get to work on the manga then lol

Doesn't really look like it's going to happen, it came back off hiatus and managed 1 chapter, that was quite some time ago now.

Rosencrantz said:
animefreak17 said:

Doesn't really look like it's going to happen, it came back off hiatus and managed 1 chapter, that was quite some time ago now.

I haven't been this depressed over a manga or anime since ..........Well there are a few that I can't remember.....

animefreak17 said:
Rosencrantz said:
animefreak17 said:

I haven't been this depressed over a manga or anime since ..........Well there are a few that I can't remember.....

At least it's not as bad as Familiar of Zero. That series will never get a proper finish.

NormanicGrav said:
The Tale of the Princess Kagura Japanese Blu-ray is coming soon
Release date: December 3, 2014

- Blu-ray: 7344 yen
<Audio>
Japanese (2.0ch stereo / Linear PCM)
Japanese (5.1ch / DTS-HD Master Audio TM (lossless))
English, French, Mandarin, Cantonese (5.1ch / Dolby Digital)

<Subtitles>
Japanese, English, French, Korean, Chinese (Traditional ・Mandarin), Chinese (Traditional ・Cantonese)

- DVD: 5076 yen
<Audio>
Japanese (2.0ch stereo / Dolby Digital)
Japanese (5.1ch / Dolby Digital)
English (2.0ch stereo / Dolby Digital)

<Subtitles>
Japanese, English

31xEP5BzTlL.jpg
41W0wBwki7L._SL_.jpg

Oh. That looks lovely.

Update on Quality Control for Kill la Kill Part 1:
Anime Limited Twitter said:
Just finished QC of the first disc - looks amazing in HD. We went all out on the video there I have to say...

And Deal of the Month will change soon:
Anime Limited Twitter said:
In the next week - got a month of pre-order specials coming up. (AP)

NormanicGrav said:
At least it's not as bad as Familiar of Zero. That series will never get a proper finish.

I'd say it might be worse to be honest. Occasionally an author will unfortunately pass away before they finish their on going works, it's a whole other matter for an author to seemingly have grown bored of something and to leave it deliberately unfinished.

New Durararax2 Visual.
A dangerous trio get introduced in the new Durarara!! x 2 visual with its early look at (from the right) biker-gang leader Rokujo Chikage, Russian assassin Vorona and high-ranking yakuza Akabayashi.

2ic9la9.png

Lutga said:
Dannielle said:
MangaUK will be recording a live podcast on Saturday at the Scotland Comic Con, it'll be at 14:30 till 15:30 and according to UKANIME, we can expect some new license announcements:

http://www.uk-anime.net/newsitem/Scotla ... nline.html

Hopefully something other than more Dragonball.

No, I jest, but will be interesting to hear if there are any rescue re-releases or if this is stuff from the 2013 seasons.

I'm pretty sure Jeremy said they have 1 special announcement for the Comic Con in the previous podcast. In any case I have no idea what it could be.

In terms of Dragon Ball, really the only stuff they have left to announce are the movies before Battle of Gods. I doubt they will get Kai unless they make it Blu-ray only.

NormanicGrav said:
Trinity Blood was supposed to be continued by a friend of the author after he died, but I don't think that ever actually happened.
While there are no deaths involved, I sincerely doubt we'll ever see a manga conclusion to Clamp's X either.

Shiroi Hane said:
NormanicGrav said:
Trinity Blood was supposed to be continued by a friend of the author after he died, but I don't think that ever actually happened.
While there are no deaths involved, I sincerely doubt we'll ever see a manga conclusion to Clamp's X either.

I doubt it :( I'm unsure if Gate 7 will continue anytime soon either, if at all..just by a feeling I get which sucks as I was getting into the story.

The Kickstarter for unfortunately titled sci-fi oav, Under the Dog, has four days left if anyone's still interested in getting involved who hasn't already done so.

With a deficit of $190k still to make up though, I don't much fancy their chances.

Why do I get the strange feeling MVM have Genshiken.

Genshiken.png

While I am now part of the committee for my uni's society group I wouldn't mind doing this (but unfortunately the whole group won't bother with the idea for obvious reasons).

----------

Meanwhile a dark fantasy light novel series Overlord is getting an anime adaptation. Looks interesting.

Parasyte anime will be 24 episodes. Seems like they'll adapt all 10 volumes in one season.

NormanicGrav said:
Why do I get the strange feeling MVM have Genshiken.

Genshiken.png

While I am now part of the committee for my uni's society group I wouldn't mind doing this (but unfortunately the whole group won't bother with the idea for obvious reasons).

----------

They've used promo art from Genshiken before (on their Facebook page), but they didn't license it then. In fact they said that it was particularly tough to licence (no doubt because of the videogame tie-ins and the like complicating matters).

Back