The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

^ I see. Interesting.

-------------------------------

The war against piracy seems to have started as there were reports on a fansub group and torrent website receiving DDoS attacks, rumours have suggested it was from the Japanese Government as part of the whole 'Exterminate Anime/Manga Piracy' plan. Though they are now back up (no surprise there), it seems like the Japanese weren't joking when they said they would target these sites.

-------------------------------

Didn't realise MVM's Nekomonogatari Black Blu-ray release had a reversible cover.

Anime Limited seem to have added Samurai Flamenco to Netflix.

The war against piracy seems to have started as there were reports on a fansub group and torrent website receiving DDoS attacks, rumours have suggested it was from the Japanese Government as part of the whole 'Exterminate Anime/Manga Piracy' plan. Though they are now back up (no surprise there), it seems like the Japanese weren't joking when they said they would target these sites.
If this is an official account - somewhat related 'When (name) goes back up, prepare for thousands of more ISP letters.'.
Looks like fun times ahead for fansubs and like.

reborn said:
If this is an official account - somewhat related 'When (name) goes back up, prepare for thousands of more ISP letters.'.
Looks like fun times ahead for fansubs and like.
Honestly, if all concerend (Toei, for example are freaking attrocous, block 99% of their catalouge and make what they do put up a complete **** to access (Sailor Moon Crystal)) put as much effort into providing attractive (IE: on CR or Netflix or DTO via AL) product for a competitive price-point (IE: Not Aniplex numbers) as they were chasing after fansubs then we wouldn't be in this mess.

Which is to say, no, I don't feel particularly sore if Bandai Visual has to deal with people not paying $500+ to see all of Gundam Unicorn in a decent enough format.

Looks like an Isao Takahata Blu-ray Box Set (and DVD Box Set) is planned for January in Japan (look below on the webpage).

Like the Hayao Miyazaki Box Set, IT will include all of his directorial works with Ghibli:
- Grave of the Fireflies (wasn't this title a bit of a legal issue in terms of box sets?)
- My Neighbors the Yamadas
- Only Yesterday
- Pom Poko
- The Tale of the Princess Kaguya

And if I'm getting this right The Little Norse Prince [Prince Horus of the Sun - 太陽の王子ホルス] also.

I just checked the Under The Dog Kickstarter. I could only watch about a min of it as I'm at work but the animation is gorgeous. Duno why but it felt like Megazone 23 to me with the way Eden looked :p

I won't be donating though, thats too much for a damn 24 minute episode!

bakum4tsu said:
Genshiken?? Can I throw money at the screen? Maybe its too soon.. Lets wait for the annoucement... :\

Yeah we just used it as the news article was about clubs, Genshiken is about a club etc etc...But sadly we don't have the license to it....would love to mind.

Well this is interesting (Mangaranga this might be worth your attention since you do have the original sets).

Take a look at these screenshots between the first BD-Box of Haruhi and the new re-release of Season 1:
Comparisons:
Melancholy I:
Old
New

Melancholy III:
Old
New

Boredom:
Old
New

Notice any difference? :|

Oh dear, it's just a more vivid colour change.

You alternate the old and new for Melancholy I and it looks like he's nodding his head, just a tad :p

I down own Haruhi even though I want to so it doesn't really have too much bearing on my tbh.

Anime Limited have finally announced Giovannis Island :) I assume this is the unannounced title they hinted at during their Q4 announcements .

http://giovanni.alltheanime.com/

and various release formats

Ultimate Edition

- Collector’s Packaging, 18.1 x 21cm

- 76 page softback book delving deeper into the world of Giovanni’s Island – both for production and artwork.

- 55 minutes of extra features including a comprehensive Making Of (38 mins), Digital Art Gallery, Interview with the Russian voice of Tanya & a deleted music clip from the film!

- Limited to 1000 copies only in the world – so it’s a rare chance to own the best possible edition of Giovanni’s Island on the market. Art card inside certifying the number the release is in the series.

- Dubbed and subtitled versions of the film available.

SRP: £54.99
Release date: WINTER 2014/15

Pre-order links and packshots to follow!

Blu-ray Edition

- Standard packaging (Amaray case)

- The film in high definition, both in English and Japanese with subtitles.

- 55 minutes of extra features including a comprehensive Making Of (38 mins), Digital Art Gallery, Interview with the Russian voice of Tanya & a deleted music clip from the film!

SRP: £19.99
Release date: 26/01/2015

DVD Edition

- Standard packaging (Amaray case)

- The film, both in English and Japanese with subtitles.

SRP: £14.99
Release date: 26/01/2015

£40 for the UE through Amazon hopefully and i'll bite.

edit - Ahh, the set looks to be the same size as the TTGL Ultimate Edition (the artbook measurements of TTGL match up to this sets size)

-Danielle- said:
Oh dear, it's just a more vivid colour change.

You alternate the old and new for Melancholy I and it looks like he's nodding his head, just a tad :p

I down own Haruhi even though I want to so it doesn't really have too much bearing on my tbh.
I think the phrase you was looking for was less washed out since that is what the original BD release images looked like which would mean that they might have gone back to the drawing board for the BD footage or had the original footage sorted out.

Ultimate Edition

- Collector’s Packaging, 18.1 x 21cm

- 76 page softback book delving deeper into the world of Giovanni’s Island – both for production and artwork.

- Limited to 1000 copies only in the world – so it’s a rare chance to own the best possible edition of Giovanni’s Island on the market. Art card inside certifying the number the release is in the series.

- Dubbed and subtitled versions of the film available.

SRP: £54.99
Release date: WINTER 2014/15

That's a good price for a Ultimate Edition Film (given Patema Inverted was £84.99 and Mai Mai Miracle was $130). I also like how it's going to be the same size as Gurren, I'm assuming Patema will be the same (hopefully since that's nearly done and dusted).

I'll take it (especially since it's only has 1000 in stock) effectively making it my 4th UE set but only when it's live on Shop All the Anime, since Amazon & other stores will most likely keep it close to the SRP.

NormanicGrav said:
That's a good price for a Ultimate Edition Film (given Patema Inverted was £84.99 and Mai Mai Miracle was $130). I also like how it's going to be the same size as Gurren, I'm assuming Patema will be the same (hopefully since that's nearly done and dusted).

I'll take it (especially since it's only has 1000 in stock) effectively making it my 4th UE set but only when it's live on Shop All the Anime, since Amazon & other stores will most likely keep it close to the SRP.

Has there been word yet on whether the Mai Mai Miracle packaging will be made as an ultimate edition to hold the artbook? If it does, i'll be gutted that I went for the collectors edition and that I didn't go for it :'(

Hope Andrew makes it available again if that is the case.

edit - No idea where i'm going to start storing these things, but it's a problem I don't mind having :)

britguy said:
NormanicGrav said:

Has there been word yet on whether the Mai Mai Miracle packaging will be made as an ultimate edition to hold the artbook? If it does, i'll be gutted that I went for the collectors edition and that I didn't go for it :'(

As far as I know both the version with ($130) and without ($55) the artbook are the Ultimate Edition (dubbed Collector's Edition) sets. Then again we haven't seen the packaging yet so who knows.

UPDATE -

Just had a check on the Kickstarter page, the book is A4 sized, 200 pages & hardback which might be a bit big for an Ultimate Edition set but who knows.

NormanicGrav said:
Take a look at these screenshots between the first BD-Box of Haruhi and the new re-release of Season 1:

Notice any difference? :|
Yep. The new BD Box looks even more over sharpened and over saturated. The old BD Box looks better, especially if you look at the second image.
It's almost like they've tried to make it look like a HD production, kind of like Funi did with DBZ. The only part of season 1 that was HD is the OP and ED which Kyoani went back and re-did in native 1080p.

NormanicGrav said:
britguy said:
NormanicGrav said:

As far as I know both the version with ($130) and without ($55) the artbook are the Ultimate Edition (dubbed Collector's Edition) sets. Then again we haven't seen the packaging yet so who knows.

UPDATE -

Just had a check on the Kickstarter page, the book is A4 sized, 200 pages & hardback which might be a bit big for an Ultimate Edition set but who knows.

That's my worry too. I hope the artbook is separate as will be annoyed if I missed out on one of the Ultimate Editions. I always presumed it would be separate. I have asked on Twitter, and will post here if i get a reply.

Elaniel said:
That's my worry too. I hope the artbook is separate as will be annoyed if I missed out on one of the Ultimate Editions. I always presumed it would be separate. I have asked on Twitter, and will post here if i get a reply.

Only 201 people selected the CE + Artbook edition out of 1000 available (while 18 selected the Artbook on its own and 58 with the CE + Artbook + Quad Bundle), so chances are there might be enough copies once everything is sorted.

Confirmed, artbook is separate.

I didn't want to miss out on the best Blu-Ray edition of each release so pleased to hear that. I couldn't really afford with everything else being released this year by Anime Limited to upgrade to the artbook. But if it's sold separately later on their site, I would probably buy it.

Back