The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

From Amazon:

We are pleased to report that the following item will dispatch sooner than expected:

"Wings of Honneamise - Collector's Combi-pack [Blu-ray]"
Previous estimated arrival date: November 27 2014 - November 29 2014
New estimated arrival date: November 20 2014 - November 22 2014

Looks like United Publications will no longer stock Love Live! School Idol Project Premium Edition. It's now - Out of Print (no surprise there it was OOP everywhere).

I'm still urging to see what the Collector's Edition for Wings of Honneamise looks like. At least it has the deleted scene but it's a shame the Audio Commentary wasn't included.

NormanicGrav said:
I'm still urging to see what the Collector's Edition for Wings of Honneamise looks like. At least it has the deleted scene but it's a shame the Audio Commentary wasn't included.

I wish we could but we've been told it's restricted...in fact apparently it should never have hit the west I gather (eep).

Andrew

britguy said:
Someone asked this on facebook

Is Gurren Lagann still coming out this month? What about Cowboy Bebop Blu-Ray?

Anime Limited Gurren is at replication so we're waiting for ship date, but sounds like it's fine.

"sounds like it's fine". Sounds a bit iffy lol. I will vomit blood if there's another delay, been so hyped for this release since it was first announced and now that we're two weeks away a final pushback would hurt.

I'm waiting to hear back from the printers to confirm dates, I get a cold sweat when they don't reply as it usually means they are being slowed down in-house hence my concern. I'd say usually that implies 1 week maximum but I'm hoping they just missed an email - chasing it daily right now because I too will vomit blood if they miss my dates!

Andrew

anime_andrew said:
britguy said:
"sounds like it's fine". Sounds a bit iffy lol. I will vomit blood if there's another delay, been so hyped for this release since it was first announced and now that we're two weeks away a final pushback would hurt.

I'm waiting to hear back from the printers to confirm dates, I get a cold sweat when they don't reply as it usually means they are being slowed down in-house hence my concern. I'd say usually that implies 1 week maximum but I'm hoping they just missed an email - chasing it daily right now because I too will vomit blood if they miss my dates!

Andrew

Just finished re-watching Excel Saga, so I've had my fill of vomited blood thank you very much...

anime_andrew said:
britguy said:

Anime Limited Gurren is at replication so we're waiting for ship date, but sounds like it's fine.

Andrew

Brilliant reply :)

I'm keeping the faith Andrew. Can't wait!

anime_andrew said:
NormanicGrav said:

I wish we could but we've been told it's restricted...in fact apparently it should never have hit the west I gather (eep).

Andrew

Wow I didn't know about that. Well I'm glad it's finally coming to the UK (again) on Blu-ray (I didn't want to bother with Maiden Japan's release since it was pretty much bare-bones) and in your hands.

If you've got time, have you considered picking up films from before 2000s? Like Angel's Egg [Tenshi no Tamago] which I've noticed people requesting all over the forums.

anime_andrew said:
britguy said:

Andrew
I'm guessing as the big hold up with Gurren Lagann was the art book, the Standard DVD/Blu ray editions are still on course for 20th October? If so when will we get a look at the box art? :)

britguy said:

That was me! whabam! famous!

I am not sure if this is the correct place to post this but base.com sent me and email saying Spirited Away BD has been delayed until November 24, if I am honest I did not know the original release date when I pre-ordered lol.

Naruto Shippuden: Road to Ninja (the 6th movie in the Shippuden Movie series) is coming out from Viz Media USA this November (Nov 25 2014 precisely). It's available as a combo pack and standard DVD, looks like they're giving it the Blood Prison treatment (slipcover with combo) though the artwork has yet to be revealed.

A UK release has yet to be licensed but who knows they might bring it out in the Q1 line up if they want to do a quick Blu-ray release maybe?

So, the Attack On Titan: No Regrets manga is getting two OVAs that will be bundled with Japanese manga volumes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Joshawott said:
So, the Attack On Titan: No Regrets manga is getting two OVAs that will be bundled with Japanese manga volumes.

Neat. The animation showing how Levi moves in his gear looks real nice.

I wonder if the "Before The Fall" Manga will receive an adaption eventually, be surprised if not seeing as they're trying to milk the franchise till the very last drop.

Edit: Speaking of milking the franchise, with the above OVA and the three that were already released Funi would be mad not to at least try to license them for physical release.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back