The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

Just Passing Through said:
FourthLion said:
Simoun is such a bargain at that price. Not sure about the other 3?

I thought there was already a SAVE Beck?

Which is why I said re-release. It was out for a few months, and then a whole lot of copyright nonsense forced them to put the brakes on and take Beck off all the merchandise. It's only Mongolian Chop Squad now. A lot of people missed out on the first SAVE release.

Is it due to this Beck?
beck-odelay.jpg

I have to admit, for years I actually thought the anime was all about him.

ConanThe3rd said:
Yeah, Media Blasters are just about done. Queen's Blade is about as arousing as being punched in the balls with the round end of a hammer.

You mean how some people find the very idea horrifying and others are really into it in a weird kind of way?

vashdaman said:
FourthLion said:
Simoun is such a bargain at that price. Not sure about the other 3?

I thought there was already a SAVE Beck?

Which is why I said re-release. It was out for a few months, and then a whole lot of copyright nonsense forced them to put the brakes on and take Beck off all the merchandise. It's only Mongolian Chop Squad now. A lot of people missed out on the first SAVE release.

Is it due to this Beck?
beck-odelay.jpg

I have to admit, for years I actually thought the anime was all about him.

Most probably...

In other news, Siren Visual have announced Durarara!! complete series for June, if you want to save on shelf space.

When questioned further on Facebookabout the potential for a BD release, their answer was an enigmatic, "We'll see"

Sparrowsabre7 said:
ConanThe3rd said:
Yeah, Media Blasters are just about done. Queen's Blade is about as arousing as being punched in the balls with the round end of a hammer.

You mean how some people find the very idea horrifying and others are really into it in a weird kind of way?
And thankfully the latter are probably not going to make such thought a continuing issue? Yeah, let's go with that.

Bought House of the Five Leaves from NISA?
Nope, from Beez (made the right choice for a change) \o/

How many disc replacements have NISA done in their short existence as an anime distributor? But at least they fix their balls-ups, unlike some other companies we could mention...

I have the Beez version too, though I might dive on the US one at some point for audio which plays at the correct speed. By then the fixed discs should be in circulation, though ^^;

R

It's been my favourite show I've seen this year. I'm really tempted to double dip for the book and to match my other NISA sets (though I do really like the Beez cover too).

And yeah, whats with NISA f*king all their discs up? Do they replace discs as far out as the UK?

Pretty sure they will replace UK discs, especially if you bought through their store. If you didn't, ask your supplier to chase them. They're the kind of company who will do it out of goodwill.

R

FourthLion said:
It's been my favourite show I've seen this year. I'm really tempted to double dip for the book and to match my other NISA sets (though I do really like the Beez cover too).

And yeah, whats with NISA f*king all their discs up? Do they replace discs as far out as the UK?

I have had replacement discs (Toradora) and a replacement artbox (Our Home's Fox Deity: Volume 2). Both were sent from them directly to the UK after I filled in an online form.

WHAT.

I can understand Aniplex not wanting their titles shipped to Japan, but elsewhere? What the hell is wrong with them? As for ways around it, if you mean United Publications then I'm not sure they'll be getting any Aniplex releases in future either. With TRSI being the sole distributor of Aniplex titles in the US I can't see how UP get them without buying direct from TRSI (hence the higher-than-usual pricing).

If you mean the Australian release, then that should be fine.

This is what happens when the Japanese get involved in releasing anime outside of Japan. Ridiculous pricing, market protectionism, and stupid decisions in general.

sean morrison said:
I guess this could be classed as news, anyway on rightstuf all aniplex USA titles can only be shipped to America or Canada now due to licence restrictions.
Well, now I'm glad I've continually put off buying a Region A BD player.

Well I've been umming and ahhing about the ltd Madoka for a while now, but that's pretty much forced my hand. Madman will be getting an order, no way am I paying the £70+ a volume up1 charge (if they even get vol 2 and 3).

There are other US carriers of Aniplex titles (e.g. anime pavilion), but I'm nto sure if any of them ship internationally (maybe anime castle?).

Back