The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

Sparrowsabre7 said:
ConanThe3rd said:
sean morrison said:
I guess this could be classed as news, anyway on rightstuf all aniplex USA titles can only be shipped to America or Canada now due to licence restrictions.
I...see...*puts on Pirate Hat*

watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here-meme.png
Damn Skippy we have a badass here.

IF anything, you should be saying that to Aniplex who think that tying up the import supply chain is going to win them any awards anytime soon.

fabricatedlunatic said:
This is what happens when the Japanese get involved in releasing anime outside of Japan. Ridiculous pricing, market protectionism, and stupid decisions in general.
+1
ConanThe3rd said:
*puts on Pirate Hat*
Can't say I blame you. If something is made unavailable legally people will still find a way to obtain it - I thought prohibition did a fairly good job of teaching that lesson back in the 1920s.

Random thought, but with regards to the Aniplex news - could it be possible that someone has made a licensing agreement for their shows. I'm just thinking of Manga's interest in Madoka (+ the announcement of BE) - maybe themselves / Kaze could have done some agreement.

I doubt it myself but it's something that I randomly thought of.

reborn said:
Random thought, but with regards to the Aniplex news - could it be possible that someone has made a licensing agreement for their shows. I'm just thinking of Manga's interest in Madoka (+ the announcement of BE) - maybe themselves / Kaze could have done some agreement.

I doubt it myself but it's something that I randomly thought of.
Knowing the world wide anime industrty's perchant for uttelry screwing us over? I wouln't put too much money on that bet.

Kyaku said:
Well, it extends to more than just Madoka, it's all Aniplex.

Regarding this, I notice you can still buy Fate/Zero on RightStuf? Everythign else is restricted though :(

Wonder if they'd honour an order of Fate/Zero?

Madman Entertainment have licensed Cardcaptor Sakura (uncut) for Region 4

Two sub only collections.

CARDCAPTOR SAKURA (UNCUT)

Nope your eyes are not deceiving you! The much loved classic series will finally be available on DVD in Australia for the first time 100% uncut. One of CLAMP’s most famous works, CARDCAPTOR SAKURA is one of the most highly requested shows that we are asked to release. So get yourselves ready to “release” the power of the Clow Cards in July. The series will be released across two UNCUT subtitled only collections.

ROZEN MAIDEN OVERTURE (OVA)

The long awaited OVA series for ROZEN MAIDEN will finally be released in Australia this July. Containing two episodes in one collection.

Oh yeah, and the Rozen Maiden OVA :p

Do we reckon there's any chances of that being another of Manga's big acquisitions? There were asking around on twitter about it a few months back...

Very, very, very, very slim chance being a long series with no usable dub. Contender never even finished releasing Nelvana's Cardcaptors on VHS here (and if the quality of the later DVDs was any indication of its success...)

Madman have certainly become a lot more interesting lately. I already own all of Cardcaptor Sakura but it badly needed to be back in print somewhere as those used prices were insane, so I'm pleased for all of the fans who have been waiting for it so long.

Hopefully the gamble pays off and it stimulates more of this kind of thing! Perhaps someone will rescue HaruToki and give it a more practical release format one day (extremely unlikely).

R

MikeP said:
Do we reckon there's any chances of that being another of Manga's big acquisitions? There were asking around on twitter about it a few months back...
The hiherarchy of Classic kids' anime dictates they need to pick up Digimon (which got a few dub only sets in AUS) first.

Just Passing Through said:
Madman Entertainment have licensed Cardcaptor Sakura (uncut) for Region 4

Two sub only collections.

CARDCAPTOR SAKURA (UNCUT)

Nope your eyes are not deceiving you! The much loved classic series will finally be available on DVD in Australia for the first time 100% uncut. One of CLAMP’s most famous works, CARDCAPTOR SAKURA is one of the most highly requested shows that we are asked to release. So get yourselves ready to “release” the power of the Clow Cards in July. The series will be released across two UNCUT subtitled only collections.

This is an instant buy for me. I simply adore Cardcaptor Sakura, and now I can finally own the series ^_^

*Catching up on the news due to no internet*

Wait...AniplexUSA limiting sales to only US and Canada? Great, so I won't be able to complete my Madoka Limited Editions then 9.9.

In fact, considering Japan and America share the same Blu-ray region...surely the only reason for Madoka's BDs to be region free is to tempt importers? Also, Aniplex recently opening up the Madoka cast videos to outside of the US...pointless now.

Moyashimon's coming back for a second series!

I'm pleasantly surprised - after the live-action version started up, I rather thought that might just replace the anime version altogether. Even though it was kind of pants.

source

Joshawott said:
*Catching up on the news due to no internet*

Wait...AniplexUSA limiting sales to only US and Canada? Great, so I won't be able to complete my Madoka Limited Editions then 9.9.

In fact, considering Japan and America share the same Blu-ray region...surely the only reason for Madoka's BDs to be region free is to tempt importers? Also, Aniplex recently opening up the Madoka cast videos to outside of the US...pointless now.

I wouldn't jump the gun just yet - we don't know whether or not this is a blanket restriction that will effect all suppliers, or just TRSI.

It's still possible retailers such as United Publications will still get the next two volumes for us non-North Americans. My pre-orders at UP are still there, as are the listing for the Madoka Magica LEs so I'm not worried just yet.

Joshawott said:

It seems that they will still honour existing pre-orders.
A lot of the Aniplex US discs are identical to the Japanese discs, which are rarely region locked. They're worried about imports, not exports...

AntAce said:
I wouldn't jump the gun just yet - we don't know whether or not this is a blanket restriction that will effect all suppliers, or just TRSI.

It's still possible retailers such as United Publications will still get the next two volumes for us non-North Americans. My pre-orders at UP are still there, as are the listing for the Madoka Magica LEs so I'm not worried just yet.
If they are exclusive to TRSI then it is a problem. I looked, and Madoka is on Amazon, but via RACS and at higher than the TRSI price.

Back