The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

Just in case anyone was thinking about buying the EU release of Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment tomorrow...Bandai Namco have basically used the script from the Asian English version of the game. It's cleared up a little bit, but it's still very Engrishy. For example:

Bva1eqdIUAA7O4_.png

BlueMaxima has posted up an hour long video of gameplay from the US version of the game.

Joshawott said:
Just in case anyone was thinking about buying the EU release of Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment tomorrow...Bandai Namco have basically used the script from the Asian English version of the game. It's cleared up a little bit, but it's still very Engrishy. For example:

Bva1eqdIUAA7O4_.png

BlueMaxima has posted up an hour long video of gameplay from the US version of the game.

That cutscene was quite funny to watch, O Klein. I wish he was the main character.

Klein looks really cute in that screenshot.

As I already have all of the Cowboy Bebop CDs and the other bits already, I'm nervous that Andrew will somehow get me to buy the whole thing again by digging out some impossibly rare goodies :s

R

It wouldn't of been as bad if they hadn't of got the rights to the first episode of The Dawn, as getting one and not the others is of no use to anybody and just a waste of money.

Viz Media have the digital rights to Lucky Star, the 4-panel comedy slice of life series. It's unknown whether it's staying digital only or will get a physical release in 2015 onwards.

Personally I find the whole Viz Select stuff a pain because titles like Future Diary should not be digital only.

Meanwhile Funimation have updated the extras for ARISE & Hellsing Ultimate IX-X:

ARISE:
Ghost in the Shell: Arise at Anime Expo 2013
Logicoma Beat
Promotional Video
News Flash Type A
News Flash Type B
Theatrical Trailer
Border:2 Teaser
U.S. Cast &
Crew Audio Commentary
Logicoma Court
News Flash
Theatrical Trailer
Decode 501File
Border:1 - Ghost Pain Cyberbrain I.G NIGHT Talk Show
Border:1 - Ghost Pain Cyberbrain CAST NIGHT Talk Show
Commercials
Blu-ray &
DVD Spots
surface X Ghost in the Shell Arise Another Mission
Pacific Racing Team X Ghost in the Shell Arise Promotional Video
Textless Opening
Textless Closing
U.S. Trailer
Trailers

Hellsing Ultimate:
Episode IX Commentary
Episode X Commentary
R.I.P., In Memoriam
Interview Session IX:
Episode IX Video Commentary
Interview Session X:
Farewell to an Epic
U.S. Trailer
Trailers

I have this strange feeling that Funimation's release for ARISE might be Region B compatible because if you think about it, how on earth are Manga able to release it 1 month after? Bayonetta is one month after and Funimation have the Australian rights for that one (B / 4).

Despite Bandai Namco telling people that Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment was going to be £29.99, turns out it's £32.99. Bandai Namco issued an apology on Twitter, stating that the DLC and September update will be free.

However, they word it like they're doing that as an apology...when the plan was for them to be for free anyway.

Joshawott said:
Despite Bandai Namco telling people that Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment was going to be £29.99, turns out it's £32.99. Bandai Namco issued an apology on Twitter, stating that the DLC and September update will be free.

However, they word it like they're doing that as an apology...when the plan was for them to be for free anyway.

This makes me sad. Another digital only release that's overpriced with no justification as to why (profit margin is much higher than physical release.) Sony Europe seems to really push for digital only and it's the worst thing for the console gaming community as lack of competition means they can charge what they want.

Joshawott said:

Huh. First I heard it was supposed to be £30 stright. Well, balls, that makes me feel silly for adding on BOF 3 PSP to my cart...

I've put aobut an hour in and it's a pretty well made game given that it would have been really easy to pap out a two bit .hack clone and call it a day.

Surprise! Battle of Gods is coming to USA on Blu-ray & DVD October 7th.

BvhBuuIIUAAOjkR.jpg

Includes: Movie
Format: Blu-ray & DVD
Language: English,Japanese
Subtitles: English
Closed Captioning: No
Rating: TV-PG
Aspect Ratio: 16x9
Main Feature Video: 1080p High Definition 16x9 (HD Native)
Special Feature Video: 1080p High Definition 16x9 (HD Native)
Main Feature Audio: Dolby TrueHD: English 5.1,Dolby TrueHD: Japanese 2.0,Dolby TrueHD: Japanese 5.1
Special Feature Audio: Dolby TrueHD: English 2.0,Dolby TrueHD: Japanese 2.0
Main Feature Runtime: 105
Special Feature Runtime: 33
Region: A|1
Number of Blu-ray Discs: 1
Number of DVDs: 2
Studio: FUNimation
UPC: 704400015649

SPECIAL FEATURES
Behind the Scenes: Battle of Voice Actors
The Voices of Dragon Ball Z: Unveiled
Textless Closing Song
U.S. Trailer
Trailers

Now I can understand why Manga UK have a DVD of extras for the Blu-ray Collector's Edition.

Back