The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

NormanicGrav said:
Surprise! Battle of Gods is coming to USA on Blu-ray & DVD October 7th.

BvhBuuIIUAAOjkR.jpg

Includes: Movie
Format: Blu-ray & DVD
Language: English,Japanese
Subtitles: English
Closed Captioning: No
Rating: TV-PG
Aspect Ratio: 16x9
Main Feature Video: 1080p High Definition 16x9 (HD Native)
Special Feature Video: 1080p High Definition 16x9 (HD Native)
Main Feature Audio: Dolby TrueHD: English 5.1,Dolby TrueHD: Japanese 2.0,Dolby TrueHD: Japanese 5.1
Special Feature Audio: Dolby TrueHD: English 2.0,Dolby TrueHD: Japanese 2.0
Main Feature Runtime: 105
Special Feature Runtime: 33
Region: A|1
Number of Blu-ray Discs: 1
Number of DVDs: 2
Studio: FUNimation
UPC: 704400015649

SPECIAL FEATURES
Behind the Scenes: Battle of Voice Actors
The Voices of Dragon Ball Z: Unveiled
Textless Closing Song
U.S. Trailer
Trailers

Now I can understand why Manga UK have a DVD of extras for the Blu-ray Collector's Edition.

And this, ladies and gentlemen, is what happens when you don't work closely with the show's creators.

Yakumo said:
And this, ladies and gentlemen, is what happens when you don't work closely with the show's creators.

I'm still scratching my head on this. I'm with Baggie on this one.

Dannielle said:
MVM have put a Nisemonogatari collection (DVD & BD) up on their store, due on December 22nd 2014.

BD - http://www.anime-on-line.com/xcart/prod ... =59&page=5
DVD - http://www.anime-on-line.com/xcart/prod ... =59&page=5

I was wondering when this would happen. Having it released close to Bakemonogatari's collection is good planning, allows new fans to get up to date with the arc releases. I'm still going for the Aniplex sets though, I do have Bake from them & I like to keep them consistent for my collection.

Baggie_Saiyan said:
What do you mean?

It's a reference to Funimation and their often-used contention that "working closely with Studio Khara" is the reason for the indefinite delay in Evangelion 3.33's release.

Yakumo said:
Baggie_Saiyan said:
What do you mean?

It's a reference to Funimation and their often-used contention that "working closely with Studio Khara" is the reason for the indefinite delay in Evangelion 3.33's release.

Now I see what you did there. Because they got Battle of Gods out there really fast (like One Piece Strong World & Film Z) and didn't take as long as Evangelion 3.33 did. Clever. :lol:

Makoto Shinkai Collection (Voices of a Distant Star / Place Promised / 5 Centimeters Per Second / Children Who Chase Lost Voices / Garden of Words) Update

Not sure why I normally have to post the same questions three times on this page before anyone answers them.... here's my most recent one again.... is the Shinkai box set still expected in Q4 and is there any idea of the month yet?

Anime Limited
To be fair - with Kerry on holiday until start of the week and me out of the country - sometimes things go awry. Sorry - we're usually pretty on the ball about replying so don't take it personally!

We've settled on the dub costs etc so may well push ahead for end of year or Q1 on this now as the Shinkai Collection may well be timed to coincide with his anniversary in Japan - more on that in this quarter though!

Andrew

Dub costs? I always thought they were already dubbed? Maybe not then :p

I wonder how that all worked? In regards to getting the titles? Seeing as Manga have 5cm & Kaze have CWCLV.

Looking forward to the eventual blog post about the collection, pumped to see what we'll get =]

I assume it's the costs of licensing the dubs from say Bandai for 5cm per second (which I believe was the one they were stuck negotiating on)

Really happy things appear to have come through for this, can't wait.

britguy said:
I assume it's the costs of licensing the dubs from say Bandai for 5cm per second (which I believe was the one they were stuck negotiating on)

Really happy things appear to have come through for this, can't wait.

Ah, makes sense. Ta =]

Sentai Filmworks December 2014 slate:
02 December 2014 - Diabolik Lovers [DVD][DUAL AUDIO]
02 December 2014 - Love, Chunibyou and Other Delusions [COLLECTOR'S EDITION COMBOPACK][DUAL AUDIO][SRP: $129.98]
02 December 2014 - Queen's Blade: Beautiful Warriors [BD & DVD][DUAL AUDIO]
09 December 2014 - EF: A Tale of Memories and Melodies [BD & DVD][DUAL AUDIO]
09 December 2014 - Hiiro no Kakera: The Tamayori Saga [BD & DVD][DUAL AUDIO]
09 December 2014 - Infinite Stratos II [DVD][DUAL AUDIO]
09 December 2014 - Okamikakushi: Masque of the Wolf [BD][SUB-ONLY]
16 December 2014 - Detroit Metal City [BD][SUB-ONLY]
16 December 2014 - Hidamari Sketch SP [BD][SUB-ONLY]
16 December 2014 - Reideen - COLLECTION 1 [DVD][SUB-ONLY]
16 December 2014 - The Ambition of Oda Nobuna [BD & DVD][DUAL AUDIO]

Agent-347 said:
Sentai Filmworks December 2014 slate:
02 December 2014 - Diabolik Lovers [DVD][DUAL AUDIO]
02 December 2014 - Love, Chunibyou and Other Delusions [COLLECTOR'S EDITION COMBOPACK][DUAL AUDIO][SRP: $129.98]
02 December 2014 - Queen's Blade: Beautiful Warriors [BD & DVD][DUAL AUDIO]
09 December 2014 - EF: A Tale of Memories and Melodies [BD & DVD][DUAL AUDIO]
09 December 2014 - Hiiro no Kakera: The Tamayori Saga [BD & DVD][DUAL AUDIO]
09 December 2014 - Infinite Stratos II [DVD][DUAL AUDIO]
09 December 2014 - Okamikakushi: Masque of the Wolf [BD][SUB-ONLY]
16 December 2014 - Detroit Metal City [BD][SUB-ONLY]
16 December 2014 - Hidamari Sketch SP [BD][SUB-ONLY]
16 December 2014 - Reideen - COLLECTION 1 [DVD][SUB-ONLY]
16 December 2014 - The Ambition of Oda Nobuna [BD & DVD][DUAL AUDIO]
No Infinite Stratos II Blu ray?

Well it looks like you did a better job than me Agent haha.

Let's see now.
- Love, Chunibyou & Other Delusions I'll pre-order, though I still don't like the £75 price tag (then again I did buy some Aniplex sets).
- Having ef re-released in one set is surprising, I might go for that but given the earlier sets were AB I'll get them instead if there's time.
- Infinite Stratos 2 with a delayed Blu-ray release isn't surprising.
- Hidamari Sketch x SP on it's own is quite surprising.

UPDATE -

WTF, H.O.T.D. is more expensive than L,C&OD (H.O.T.D. is $149.98 and L,C&OD is $129.98). Now I want to know what makes the first CE more expensive than the second. Sentai you confuse me.

It looks like the complete sets for ef and Hiiro no Kakera are re-using the original discs since it's 4 Blu-rays instead of mashing them into 3.

Back