The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

Rui said:
Yesss! The best time-travelling Sengoku-era gender-swapped show of our times!

R (not actually kidding)
I think the issue is more that there's other time-travelling Sengoku-era gender-swapped shows to compare it to xD.

Fun fact: The Animax dub for Cardcaptor Sakura is incomplete in certain episodes and NIS have provided subtitles to go through them:
There was another supposedly unedited dub known as the Animax dub done some time later, and it's that English language version which is presented here in LPCM 2.0 mono. Even this dub is not complete, i.e., not all episodes contain complete English translations and there are therefore moments with only subtitles. This was probably the best solution for NIS America, which is most likely not large and flush enough to front bucks for an entirely new dub. All of this said, I really can't imagine many people will want to opt for the English track, which is notably duller and flatter than the also included Japanese language track, presented in LPCM 2.0 (stereo).
Source - Blu-ray.com Review

SnowWolf said:
burtkenobi said:
Really annoyed the yanks have managed to trump the Anime Ltd release of bebop.... For no rational reason.

Remember what Andrew said about the "Cowboy Bebop Ultimate Edition" that would be coming in a few years.

We haven't been trumped yet.

Exactly - I'm building what I would call the definitive edition. Which you can't call definitive without the film and the soundtracks ;). The Funimation edition looks very cool though and glad it's tracking well too - I'd say 10/10 there too :).

So watch this space! I won't launch the product before I secure the two of those ;).

AP

anime_andrew said:
SnowWolf said:
burtkenobi said:
Really annoyed the yanks have managed to trump the Anime Ltd release of bebop.... For no rational reason.

Remember what Andrew said about the "Cowboy Bebop Ultimate Edition" that would be coming in a few years.

Exactly - I'm building what I would call the definitive edition. Which you can't call definitive without the film and the soundtracks ;). The Funimation edition looks very cool though and glad it's tracking well too - I'd say 10/10 there too :).

So watch this space! I won't launch the product before I secure the two of those ;).

AP

What would be added to this that wasn't included in the collectors editions other then the sound track and film ? I'm a big fan of the show but having to double dip on the show again after just buying a collectors edition blu ray would be slightly annoying. Maybe release a standalone collectors edition for the film so we don't have to double dip ?

anime_andrew said:
SnowWolf said:
burtkenobi said:

AP

Thank goodness you're still planning on doing this. Now I don't have to get the Premium set.

Maybe for the Ultimate Edition design it could be similar to the Japanese Blu-ray Disc Box?

I hope Animax does come over. Would this be on Sky most likely? I think it'd be too wishful thinking for Freeview eh haha. (Looks like I'd have to get Sky or have my Mum Sky Planner the hell out of it for me :p)

anime_andrew said:
SnowWolf said:
burtkenobi said:

AP
To my mind the 'Definitive Edition' of Bebop would have the series on Betamax tapes and the OST on Vinyl. With BDs for actual viewing of course.

Emulsion said:
anime_andrew said:
Which you can't call definitive without the film and the soundtracks ;)

Don't Sony have the rights to the film?

Sony have been known to allow other companies to re-release titles they have the rights for (ie Criterion and Twilight Time in the USA) so there is precedent for it happening, however that is USA companies, there is no previous of it happening with UK companies.

anime_andrew said:

anime_andrew said:
Exactly - I'm building what I would call the definitive edition. Which you can't call definitive without the film and the soundtracks ;).

anime_andrew said:
Which you can't call definitive without the film and the soundtracks ;).

anime_andrew said:
the film and the soundtracks ;).
anime_andrew said:
anime_andrew said:

If you can remaster the film in a proper HD sound format (not the 2.0 malarkey on the US Blu-ray), then I'm behind you all the way. If you can score the soundtracks, then I shall be more than willing the quadruple dip with Cowboy Bebop.

^ If you made the text bigger as it goes that would have been an even more epic response.

Nevertheless if he indeed does manage to get Knocking on Heaven's Door in better condition than the US release & even get the OST (at least the albums Cowboy Bebop & Blue) then that would make the American's release look like a Standard set haha.

anime_andrew said:
SnowWolf said:
burtkenobi said:

AP
For those who got the earlier Anime Ltd Cowboy Bebop blu-ray releases, will you be releasing the OSTs and film outside of the definitive version and will there be an option to upgrade (for instance when the replacement blu-rays are ready)

mangaman74 said:
For those who got the earlier Anime Ltd Cowboy Bebop blu-ray releases, will you be releasing the OSTs and film outside of the definitive version and will there be an option to upgrade (for instance when the replacement blu-rays are ready)

I think the set Andrew is making suggestions about is years away so I doubt these sort of questions can be answered anytime soon.

britguy said:
mangaman74 said:

I think the set Andrew is making suggestions about is years away so I doubt these sort of questions can be answered anytime soon.
Nothing wrong with asking (like someone asked whether the films in the GL Ltd Edition would be released on their own).

Back