The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

Penultimate volume, actually.

If the pattern still holds (English volume gets released one year after Japanese) then the final volume should come out July 2015.

Physical Extra features on Funimation's Bebop unveiled (Amazon):
Complete TV series on Blu-ray and DVD (combo pack)
Exclusive Limited Edition clamshell art box
140 page black and white art book featuring concept sketches and designs that highlight Cowboy Bebop‘s origins
48 page vibrant, full-color art book
9 discs apparently, so 4 Blu-ray & 5 DVDs?

robot monkey said:
NormanicGrav said:
Sentai Filmworks have announced they have acquired Queen's Blade: Beautiful Warriors, a 6 episode OVA series set after Queen's Blade: Inheritor of the Throne (Season 2).

This is a catalogue title license so I'll expect this to be released sooner than later (i.e. December 2014).

Odd that this got picked up last rather than before Rebellion.

Yeah, I'd been holding off on watching my Rebellion set in the hope that this would be coming out (I'm a stickler like that).

R

burtkenobi said:
Really annoyed the yanks have managed to trump the Anime Ltd release of bebop.... For no rational reason.

Remember what Andrew said about the "Cowboy Bebop Ultimate Edition" that would be coming in a few years.

We haven't been trumped yet.

Wait, I'm confused. What part of that says that Animax TV is coming to the UK? All I'm getting from it is that Sony now own CSC Media. Animax TV already exists in countries like Germany and Spain. Sure, Sony have always said that the plan is to move from VOD into a full Freeview channel, but..

Also, didn't they recently rebrand Sony Movie Channel's late night anime block to "Animax"?

Joshawott said:
Wait, I'm confused. What part of that says that Animax TV is coming to the UK? All I'm getting from it is that Sony now own CSC Media. Animax TV already exists in countries like Germany and Spain. Sure, Sony have always said that the plan is to move from VOD into a full Freeview channel, but..

Also, didn't they recently rebrand Sony Movie Channel's late night anime block to "Animax"?

It said Sony is adding 16 more channels in addition to the existing ones. While it's not a definite possibility that Animax would have it's own channel but it was mentioned alongside the already existing channels. "AXN, Animax, Sony Movie Channel, Movies4Men and More>Movies brands" All of them (except Animax) have their own TV Channel.

Also, Hunter x Hunter (2011) is reported to end with Episode 148 for catching up with the manga chapters. Reasonable decision though everyone is sad.

But the article is about Kate Marsh becoming the Executive Vice-President and running Sony's channels across Western Europe, not just the UK. Other countries in the region already have an Animax channel.

It may not be fully clear, but many other sites are picking up on it, DigitalSpy, CableForums to name a few stating it is coming.

Perhaps the article doesn't make it clear, but it's the only source I could find that wasn't a member post confirming it. So it COULD be coming, should I have said.

Good news, approval for Gurren Lagann is done:
Hello [redacted]! We're not holding out at all but we've actually just finished approval and are heading to production with some cool updates. Until I have a fixed date I don't want to waste people's time though . So expect one this week! Expected for end of September WITH some cool changes though.

Best,

Andrew,
President, Anime Ltd
Source: Facebook

Meanwhile MVM likes Nisekoi (despite Viz Media Europe already nabbing the series):
Since you have a working relationship with Aniplex USA, does that mean other titles besides Garden of sinners and Monogatari Series might be licensed also, such as Nisekoi and silver spoon to name two?

MVM Entertainment
Anything's possible really, but too early to say at this point. I'd personally love for us to get Nisekoi as I love the manga but will have to wait and see.

And Manga UK have more Fairy Tail planned:
Where's Fairy Tail Part 9?

Manga UK
Don't worry, there's more Fairy Tail coming. Should have details soon. ^JG

Elaniel said:
It may not be fully clear, but many other sites are picking up on it, DigitalSpy, CableForums to name a few stating it is coming.
There have been rumours of a UK Animax channel for years, nothing has ever actually happened.

Back