The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

Professor Irony said:
I liked NDTP a lot back in the day (enough to buy the OST even), but I've never really felt enough of an urge to replace my VHS tapes for it. I can't help wondering how much interest there's likely to be in a re-release at this point in time.

Doraemon666 said:
Was never a big fan of New Dominion Tank Police but i love the original OVA.

New/Crusher is kind of sterile compared to the original. I think the loss of the (almost?) post-apocalyptic setting made it less interesting.
Yeah the new Dominion just never clicked with me and most fans of the franchise prefer the classic original ova,i dont think the new one will be a big seller for Maiden Japan,in my personal opinion it seems pointless.

Some general weirdness going on with the Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood Complete Blu-ray on Amazon. First it became temporarily unavailable to order on Amazon's page for some reason. Then the entry for it changed to "don't know when it will be available", though preorders are still there.

Someone asked Manga about it and Jerome's response is here, saying there'll be news on it soon.

Meanwhile, another listing has shown up on Amazon here, at a much lower price than before. Which is great until you look at the disc count at the bottom to see it's been halved to 5. I know the info there isn't always reliable and can often be a placeholder, but why do I get the feeling that Manga have decided that FMA is going to be released in two parts now?

Ath said:
but why do I get the feeling that Manga have decided that FMA is going to be released in two parts now?

That was the way that Funimation released it in the US... Contractual obligations of the sort that scuppered the original Hellsing Ultimate twin pack release may have struck again!

Just Passing Through said:
Ath said:
but why do I get the feeling that Manga have decided that FMA is going to be released in two parts now?

That was the way that Funimation released it in the US... Contractual obligations of the sort that scuppered the original Hellsing Ultimate twin pack release may have struck again!

Not happy, hope its not the case but can't see any other reason for it.

Dan said:
Just Passing Through said:
Ath said:

Not happy, hope its not the case but can't see any other reason for it.

One other thing, although we'll need confirmation first, if they are releasing it in 2 sets then why are they charging £10 more. Complete Collection is £60, so shouldn't they both be £30.

Dan said:
One other thing, although we'll need confirmation first, if they are releasing it in 2 sets then why are they charging £10 more. Complete Collection is £60, so shouldn't they both be £30.3/quote]

Nothing works that way, I can buy a 500ml pepsi for 99p, or a 2L bottle for £1.98. On a more basic level while it's the same number of discs Manga are being forced to pay for 2 boxes to put it into rather than 1 slightly larger one, hence increased cost to release.

Rosencrantz said:
Dan said:
One other thing, although we'll need confirmation first, if they are releasing it in 2 sets then why are they charging £10 more. Complete Collection is £60, so shouldn't they both be £30.3/quote]t/quote]

Nothing works that way, I can buy a 500ml pepsi for 99p, or a 2L bottle for £1.98. On a more basic level while it's the same number of discs Manga are being forced to pay for 2 boxes to put it into rather than 1 slightly larger one, hence increased cost to release../quote]

True. I actually thought that shortly after posting but was busy watching the football :lol:

Just a quick update from the Discotek Facebook page,The English dubbed Samurai Pizza Cats complete series will be released on July 30th while the uncut subbed set is out next week,April 30th.

Cinema release? Special screenings of Totoro and Grave of the Fireflies? Sign me up!

Tiger & Bunny: The Rising delayed until 8th February, 2014. However, we have an image of Kotetsu from the new movie:
ddae7b938d8a85351478711dc126feab1366991205_full.png

manga_addicted95 said:
ConanThe3rd said:
Speaking of Delays dooming anime; Sailor Moon is delayed to "Not 2014...probably".

Someone's going to be sore once 2014 comes around and we have no Sailor Moon.

well, here's hoping they're delaying the new one so they can market the original to other countries in preparation for the new anime, i did read somewhere that toei was starting to licence the original to other countries uncut.
Given Sailor Moon classic getting a proper UK release is directly tied to hell freezing over you'll forgive my not geting over being salty if that's the case.

ConanThe3rd said:
manga_addicted95 said:
ConanThe3rd said:
Speaking of Delays dooming anime; Sailor Moon is delayed to "Not 2014...probably".

Someone's going to be sore once 2014 comes around and we have no Sailor Moon.

well, here's hoping they're delaying the new one so they can market the original to other countries in preparation for the new anime, i did read somewhere that toei was starting to licence the original to other countries uncut.
Given Sailor Moon classic getting a proper UK release is directly tied to hell freezing over you'll forgive my not geting over being salty if that's the case.

it's understandable that people would doubt an honest to budha uk uncut release, especially with past failed attempts at releasing it here, but i figure we finally got dragonball z and were finally getting one piece, perhaps toei are feeling generous, and i realise that both those were released by funimation in the US, whilst sailor moon has no US licensor i still think, no matter how faintly, that it is possible that the uk may eventually get it.........at least within the next 30 years or so :)

Can't recall if it's a remake or an actual follow-up, but if it is a remake then delaying it to release the original is not a good thing in my book.

Back