The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

Ath said:
GolGotha said:
Anime Limited

Pre-order Cowboy Bebop either at HMV or Amazon before MCM and bring proof of pre-order and while stocks last we’ll give you an exclusive A4 Bebop print to get signed. These are extremely limited in volume so come early to avoid disappointment! Preview image will go up online at AlltheAnime.com at the start of May.

Pre-orders will open no later than May 1st

DVD will go to complete set and will retail for £49.99 in a collectors packaged release too - that'll come out around the same time as Part 2 of the BD.

Blu-Ray will be in two parts. Part 1 will be £39.99 Recommended Retail Price (RRP) - but as usual should be less on Amazon etc /quoteuo/quoteu

Outlaw Star will be up for pre-order soon after too and it will be a complete boxed set.s/quoteu
Lo and behold, Part 1 of Cowboy Bebop is now up for preorder at Amazon for a quite reasonable £29.999/urll.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Cowboy-Bebo...8&qid=1365783677&sr=1-1&keywords=cowboy+bebop

Not sure if this was on the other day but...taken from product description:
"Now for the first time ever this Anime classic is available in amazing high-definition Blu-Ray and packaged in a limited edition slipcase and containing bonus content never available outside of Japan before including the "Ein's Summer Holiday" short and a 40 page booklet."

The 'new' might be significant. Obviously they've picked up UtaPri s2 and will be giving both seasons a BD LE release with CDs and random dakimakura packed into each set. Fans will buy dozens of sets to get the one with their favourite idol!

There's no other possible explanation which makes sense to me.

R

GolGotha said:
I hope one is Fate/Zero.

As a dub is in the works I think that announcement will be a ways off, though there's no reason they couldn't have it and we just have to wait a while for the actual release.

The 'new' might be significant. Obviously they've picked up UtaPri s2 and will be giving both seasons a BD LE release with CDs and random dakimakura packed into each set. Fans will buy dozens of sets to get the one with their favourite idol!

There's no other possible explanation which makes sense to me.

R

Lol, though they do seem to like dropping hints now.

What stands out is the TWO in caps, though that's for possible emphasis and the 'keep an eye out for hints/teases/news soon'. A title where someone has their eye out? or perhaps they really do just mean teases will come later

Rosencrantz said:
GolGotha said:
I hope one is Fate/Zero.

As a dub is in the works I think that announcement will be a ways off, though there's no reason they couldn't have it and we just have to wait a while for the actual release.
Yeah, as you said, there's no reason they can't license it in advance and just sit on it. At least if they make it known that they have it then it may stop importers (Not me though!)
Titan said:
I'm hoping one of them is Love, Chunibyo & Other Delusions.
Now THIS is too far off, so it won't be Chuuni.

I'd say look for anything which is being released by both Sentai and Hanabee as they seem to be jumping on a bunch of their releases. It's nice to see MVM back in the game though, as until this year I'd always thought of them as someone who releases older titles way after other territories. Competition is a good thing, we can't have Manga getting lazy now.

Also looking around, Hanabee are releasing Bakemonogatari in Australia on Bluray in two parts with part 1 due in August, and Part 2 in September.
Seeing as MVM seem to be working close with Hanabee, I think we should expect them around the same time too.
I'll be interested to find out if it's the full 6 disc release which Aniplex USA did last year which used the Japanese Masters and whether Hanabee at least will be doing anything special with their release.

Other titles Hanabee have include Hiiro no Kakera, Hakuoki, Gyo, Ef, Toradora and Arakawa Under the Bridge. I'd personally like to see one of their announcements being Toradora.

EDIT: Dusk Maiden of Amnesia and Mysterious Girlfriend X are also Region B Sentai releases, so they are possibilities.
Also, YES! DUSK MAIDEN IS TEN EIGHTY PEE!

Cathe said:
Hanabee have Arakawa? If MVM get that I will love them forever.
Only on DVD though.
To be honest though, I reckon MVM are only joining in with new acquisitions rather than things which Hanabee have already released. Hanabee released Season 1 of Arakawa back in December.

Depends on their definition of "new". Do they mean "Last 2 years" or "Never before released in the UK"?

I'd love to see A Certain Magical Index and A Certain Scientific Railgun released in the UK, but I'd also jump in joy if they announce Toradora (including the OVA).

Lawrence said:
I'd agree with you on Index and Railgun if they weren't quite so average at points. I mean they aren't bad but the Railgun manga is probably the best you're going to get in terms of solid action and decent story. Especially since the art is nice and it avoids meddling by J.C. Staff.
Yeah, but the chances of getting the Index LNs are pretty much non-existent and although Seven Seas have the Railgun manga, they've said that only Yen Press can get the Index manga.

Back