The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

The official Madoka FB page just posted:
Madoka fans in England~! If you're wondering if there are any limits on availability in certain areas, no worries! We've got the whole area covered. :) That includes Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.

I do wonder how MangaUK feel about it though.

According to the uk anime review, Manga's release of Fractale has a problem. On the second disc it seems the guy couldn't access the last 2 eps. Well done again Manga for screwing up again. Thank god i brought this from funi. The only thing I want from them this year is one piece and now i am thinking of supporting the us release instead. Get it sortred.

I assume MangaUK don't care about Madoka, as their sales pitch is always about crazy cheap prices. If anything they'll end up looking like white knights in future when all three movies are dubbed and rereleased here in a set for a tenner; many of the people whining at AoA import pricing are already singing MangaUK's praises on some sites. The drama whenever AoA announces an import is getting repetitive (there'll be no cheaper general release until later whether the import exists or not !).

Re: Fractale I wonder if it's a player-specific glitch? I've had a few discs before which kick you out to the disc menu after an episode in certain circumstances and it's pretty irritating, but not the end of the world since it's easy enough to get to the episodes again without a couple of button presses. As glitches go it wouldn't be their worst. I have the R1 set so I can't check ^^;

R

JPT's review notes the problem with Fractale's "play all" function, which only works until the conclusion of episode 9. Doesn't seem like a huge issue to me, but then again I only really watch a series an episode at a time.

VoxPhantom said:
JPT's review notes the problem with Fractale's "play all" function, which only works until the conclusion of episode 9. Doesn't seem like a huge issue to me, but then again I only really watch a series an episode at a time.

well in that case i dont have a issue here because i do the same thing, however it is a pain in the ass when you haven't seen the series in ages and cant remember what happened and decided to watch it again and when it comes episode 10 it'll go to the menu instead and you dont know why.

Anime Limited

Pre-order Cowboy Bebop either at HMV or Amazon before MCM and bring proof of pre-order and while stocks last we’ll give you an exclusive A4 Bebop print to get signed. These are extremely limited in volume so come early to avoid disappointment! Preview image will go up online at AlltheAnime.com at the start of May.

Pre-orders will open no later than May 1st

DVD will go to complete set and will retail for £49.99 in a collectors packaged release too - that'll come out around the same time as Part 2 of the BD.

Blu-Ray will be in two parts. Part 1 will be £39.99 Recommended Retail Price (RRP) - but as usual should be less on Amazon etc /quote]

Outlaw Star will be up for pre-order soon after too and it will be a complete boxed set.

Joshawott said:
Madoka fans in England~! If you're wondering if there are any limits on availability in certain areas, no worries! We've got the whole area covered. :) That includes Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.

This is for serious fans only, the kind that'd get hold of it even if they were not making it so much easier. Manga have the series out at a damn good price, there's not really much cross over sales conflict.

Rosencrantz said:
Joshawott said:

This is for serious fans only, the kind that'd get hold of it even if they were not making it so much easier. Manga have the series out at a damn good price, there's not really much cross over sales conflict.
I was wondering more in a rights perspective. With the US Madoka series release, there was no specific licensing stated, but the movies it's outright clear that the intention is to tell them internationally. Maybe MangaUK will sub-license the UK rights from AniplexUSA?

Madman had this to say about in when asked on Facebook

They will likely be dubbed eventually. This initial version is just a direct day 1 import from Japan that Aniplex are currently announcing. We are looking to see if we can get a limited amount in to sell directly but cannot confirm anything beyond "we're looking into it"

Looks like local distributors will have to wait for a dub version to release in their own territories, but that will be some time down the line.

EDIT

Time of Eve Blu-ray now available from TRSI

Joshawott said:
I was wondering more in a rights perspective. With the US Madoka series release, there was no specific licensing stated, but the movies it's outright clear that the intention is to tell them internationally. Maybe MangaUK will sub-license the UK rights from AniplexUSA?

Presumably as AniplexUSA is just a part of Aniplex and they at present are the sole owner of rights to the movies, therefore they can sell it however they wish and in a year or two whichever is the relevant company can licence it out for local releases.

I'd not be surprised to see all Aniplex stuff that might be vaguely popular be available on import with Subs prior to being available later as a local release.

Rosencrantz said:
Joshawott said:

Presumably as AniplexUSA is just a part of Aniplex and they at present are the sole owner of rights to the movies, therefore they can sell it however they wish and in a year or two whichever is the relevant company can licence it out for local releases.

I'd not be surprised to see all Aniplex stuff that might be vaguely popular be available on import with Subs prior to being available later as a local release.

Madman do have the rights to the first two films...

I Literally just danced around my room in joy. Kara no Kyoukai is getting a Japanese BD re-release on July 10th. Time to pester Aniplex.
Also, Amazon.jp is selling it for 27,195, around £176~. That's pretty cheap for Japan isn't it?

Just Passing Through said:
Madman had this to say about in when asked on Facebook

They will likely be dubbed eventually. This initial version is just a direct day 1 import from Japan that Aniplex are currently announcing. We are looking to see if we can get a limited amount in to sell directly but cannot confirm anything beyond "we're looking into it"

Looks like local distributors will have to wait for a dub version to release in their own territories, but that will be some time down the line.
Interesting. I'm guessing Aniplex will probably release the first two movies on DVD/BD dubbed as a "budget" version or something?

Just Passing Through said:
Rosencrantz said:
Joshawott said:

Madman do have the rights to the first two films...

Ok, lets add the caveat that they are smart enough to include a clause that allows them to release them with a multitude of Subs and no one they have licenced to is allowed to kick up a fuss. After all this is not them competing with that market, it's just that it's really really easy to import said item.

GolGotha said:
Anime Limited

Pre-order Cowboy Bebop either at HMV or Amazon before MCM and bring proof of pre-order and while stocks last we’ll give you an exclusive A4 Bebop print to get signed. These are extremely limited in volume so come early to avoid disappointment! Preview image will go up online at AlltheAnime.com at the start of May.

DVD will go to complete set and will retail for £49.99 in a collectors packaged release too - that'll come out around the same time as Part 2 of the BD.

Blu-Ray will be in two parts. Part 1 will be £39.99 Recommended Retail Price (RRP) - but as usual should be less on Amazon etc /quoteuo/quoteu

Outlaw Star will be up for pre-order soon after too and it will be a complete boxed set.
Lo and behold, Part 1 of Cowboy Bebop is now up for preorder at Amazon for a quite reasonable £29.99.

New Funi release dates:
- Fairy Tail: Collection 2 (Blu-ray / DVD Combo) – 600 minutes – $54.98 – 7/23/13
- Fairy Tail: Season 2, Part 1 (Blu-ray / DVD Combo) – ??? minutes – $54.98 – 7/23/13
- Is This a Zombie: Season 2 Collection – ??? minutes – $59.98 – 7/16/13
- Is This a Zombie: Season 2 Collection (LE) – ??? minutes – $64.98 – 7/16/13
- Lupin the Third – The Woman Called Fujiko Mine: Complete Collection (Blu-ray / DVD Combo) – $64.98 – 7/30/13
- Lupin the Third – The Woman Called Fujiko Mine: Complete Collection (Blu-ray / DVD Combo LE) – $69.98 – 7/30/13
- One Piece: Season 5, Part 1 – ??? minutes – $39.98 – 7/23/13

Only Lupin really interests me though.

Ath said:
GolGotha said:
Anime Limited

Blu-Ray will be in two parts. Part 1 will be £39.99 Recommended Retail Price (RRP) - but as usual should be less on Amazon etc /quoteuo/quoteu

Outlaw Star will be up for pre-order soon after too and it will be a complete boxed set.s/quote]
Lo and behold, Part 1 of Cowboy Bebop is now up for preorder at Amazon for a quite reasonable £29.999/url].
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Cowboy-Bebo...8&qid=1365783677&sr=1-1&keywords=cowboy+bebop

You bet your ass I Preordered that nonsense.

Back