The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

I feel as though HMV's rescue is less important than their demise, since I still have none within reasonable travelling distance either way thanks to closures over the years. Their website coming back will be interesting.

It's ridiculous that the Reading melodrama led to the hashtag for the RDG anime changing in the end ^^;

R

st_owly said:
I read that it was Reading who had to change their hashtag, not the other way around.

They were going to (with a huge amount of drama) but I think the RDG fans are trying to use #rdg-anime to be considerate now. I feel sorry for the folks in Reading but the amount of rudeness and Hollywood drama in their newspaper article was embarrassing ^^;

R

Oh god this isn't even hacking, it's just some people using a godamn hashtag.

It doesn't count as hacking if some people who were using #vgcw suddenly got flooded with people talking about Video Game Championship Wrestling.

Sword Art Online dub trailer.

My only complaint is it seems like the actors are incapable of pronouncing "Kirito" and "Asuna" naturally.

Last edited by a moderator:
Joshawott said:
My only complaint is it seems like the actors are incapable of pronouncing "Kirito" and "Asuna" naturally.
Agreed, Asuna is a bit... off... IMO. Also, MASAOMIIIIIIIIII seems a bit hit and miss. Between his shouting of Asuna's name, overacting with the whole "die in the game, die in real life" line, and OK normal speech I can't judge how good/bad Bryce is at this stage.

Shinichiro Watanabe is a guest at London Comic Con

EDIT:
Aniplex are selling the Madoka Magica movie 1-2 blu-rays as imports (no DVD confirmed). Due out on 30th July for $105 each (blu-ray). Sub only, includes the following subtitle tracks:

Subtitles: Japanese, English, French, Spanish, Chinese, Korean (*audio commentary and bonus contents don't include subtitles)

Limited editions include:
∗ Exclusive new cover art
∗ Digipak
∗ Deluxe booklet
∗ Original Soundtrack CDt/quote]

Aniplex of America exclusive items include:
∗ English Translation Booklet of “Deluxe Booklet”
∗ Special PostcardP/quote]

BUYING.

Joshawott said:
EDIT:
Aniplex are selling the Madoka Magica movie DVD/blu-rays as imports. Due out on 30th July for $105 each (blu-ray). Sub only, includes the following subtitle tracks:

Subtitles: Japanese, English, French, Spanish, Chinese, Korean (*audio commentary and bonus contents don't include subtitles)

Limited editions include:
∗ Exclusive new cover art
∗ Digipak
∗ Deluxe booklet
∗ Original Soundtrack CDt/quote]

Aniplex of America exclusive items include:
nquote]∗ English Translation Booklet of “Deluxe Booklet”
∗ Special PostcardS/quote]

BUYING.
Holy **** Josh, you're fast!
Anyway, from ANN - "The films will be available to customers in the United States, Canada, England, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, and Central and South America. "
This is a somewhat interesting move from Aniplex. Guess I've still got until July to watch the last 8 TV episodes, yes it's taking me this long - and I got the UK release 4 days early.
If it's as good as people say I will be grabbing this. Being sub only doesn't bother me in the slightest as I feel incredibly awkward watching Madoka dubbed. (Except for Vee! <3)

I actually recently got one of my LE posters signed by Cristina Vee. Just waiting on it to arrive in the post (a friend went to Sunnycon and got it signed for me). I do love Madoka's dub though - particularly Sayaka and Homura.

It's a shame that they're not dubbing it (I wonder if this means they don't dub the third movie?). I wouldn't be surprised though if, later down the line, we see a DVD release with a dub.

A fully localised (as opposed to 'import') set might be on the cards with a dub later on when the films are all out. It would be a good way to renew interest when the last one lands.

I wonder if they will actually block orders if you order from Scotland/Wales etc? An insensitive omission!

R

Rui said:
A fully localised (as opposed to 'import') set might be on the cards with a dub later on when the films are all out. It would be a good way to renew interest when the last one lands.

I wonder if they will actually block orders if you order from Scotland/Wales etc? An insensitive omission!

R

Sorry but you are all England now :p

As much as I like Madoka I don't fancy picking up import versions of Movie 1 & 2, especially if it's not dubbed. I'll stay content with my US BD version of the series until such time we get Movie 3, at which time I'd be more inclined to splash some cash for something new.

Joshawott said:
Lawrence said:
Why pay so much for remakes Josh? You're kinda playing into their hand by buying despite little/no new content.
Because Madoka.

Since I read this a couple of hours ago I've been trying to decide if it's a valid argument - my conclusion: Kinda.

What I have realised is I was probably wrong when I speculated the Oreimo set might be a tester to see if imports would sell. Ofc they will sell, and they lose very little for putting English Subs on anything and everything they have. Those subtitles have already been made for streaming so why not use them again to gain potential extra sales?

Back